PDA

View Full Version : 2002 22ZX???

digitalMan
04-08-2001, 10:44 AM
Did anybody hear anything about the discontinuation of the 22ZX for 2002? My dad was at a dealer up in New York and the only thing shown in the brochure was a 22ZX (ZXO???) bowrider. The dealer said it looked like the closed bow might be discontinued.

This was probably just a typically uneducated salesman, but hey, why not stir things up a bit?

Blewbyu
04-08-2001, 06:47 PM
I thought we were supposed to keep a lid on rumors 'till the merger between Donzi and Bayliner was consumated?

Varyak
04-08-2001, 08:41 PM
Seems a wee bit early for 2002 Brochures to be running about already. There is a 28ZXO open bow already in production, but not to the exclusion of the 28ZX closed bow. In reality, Donzi SHOULD have a 22ZXO since every one of their competitors is building a partial cuddy with an open bow (like the 28ZXO). Advantage in Lake Havasu, AZ already has a very popular 22 with an open bow and partial cuddy (under the winshield) which I almost bought because it also can be had with the 500EFI and the 500 Buldog with Supercharger. Now THAT is a Poker Run package! Party and kick ass! Remember that we as members of this group tend to favor the CLASSIC styles, but Donzi lives in the PRESENT and must compete there by providing what today's customer wants. Few new boat buyers are the nostalgic gear heads that we are. Porsche no longer makes an air-cooled 911. The times they are a changing. What NEW boat did you buy from the factory most recently?
Mark

RickSE
04-09-2001, 11:37 AM
Our regional rep told us in February that the 22ZX was going to be redesigned next year, I took it to mean 2002. He didn't really elaborate much but my impression was that there might not be a 22ZX available in 2002 till the new design is out.

Could the 22ZX bowrider your referring to be the Z22 Open Bow?