PDA

View Full Version : z21

fobes
04-08-2001, 10:20 AM
Would appreciate any input on the z21. Does this hull have 24 degrees? What were the power options? Does it handle the rough stuff well, like a 22' classic will?

EricG
04-09-2001, 10:33 AM
Wow, I always get really excited when someone asks about the Z's....

The 21 is not quite as deep as the 22 Classic (22.5 degrees vs 24), but the ride and handling are still superb. I do most of my boating in Lake Washington, and it gets really, really rough. I never have much of a problem running hard through it. No squeak's or rattles, just pure Donzi fun.

And you also get the added benefit of it being 1.5 feet wider...and they still have pretty sleek lines (although certainly not as sleek as the classics....but what is?). The cabin is really handy, perfect for day-boating.

As far as power, standard was the 350Mag/Alpha, but many of them came with the Big Block of the day (I think 330 HP?).

Here's some pics of the interior:
http://msnhomepages.talkcity.com/RallyRd/egudgel/Donziint.html

Welcome to the group....

EG

[This message has been edited by EricG (edited 04-09-2001).]

jdsdls
04-09-2001, 01:45 PM
Owned an 88 Z-21 with 330/bravo set up. Was a great boat to drive on the lakes and the rivers. But like most in that range to short for Long Island Sound in the late afternoon. Still had a lot of fun great wake for kneeboarding and tubing. Top speed was around 65.