PDA

View Full Version : Ski Tow Eye

Scubado
04-06-2001, 06:31 PM
Anyone have a 22ZX with a ski tow eye? I've been trying to get one for my 2000 22ZX. My dealer says there is no place to mount it and I have had no response from Donzi for placement instructions.
Thanks

BigGrizzly
04-07-2001, 07:55 AM
Dealer is wrong!! My son did his. Get this " Hey dad can I borrow your tube this weekend."
Your dealer doesn't want to do it.
Randy

Bryan Tuvell
04-07-2001, 08:41 AM
Hey Scub, I never did send you the picture I said I would, sorry. I figured you had this issue resolved, it was November when we spoke of this last time.

Like I said mine is centered on the up slope under the back of the sun pad. I use mine to hang my big tube on when towing also, works great.

Good Luck... Bryan

Scubado
04-08-2001, 10:16 AM
Thanks for the input guys. I guess I need some sort of response from Donzi or Donzi owner that has a factory installed ski tow eye. I don't want the factory to dishonor a warranty because the thing was done wrong. The dealer probably dosn't want the warranty responsibility either... I just want to go skiing!

Scubado
04-10-2001, 04:43 PM
I finally got a response from Donzi today. They claim a ski tow eye is not an option for the 22ZX. Can you believe it? I paid over $42,000 for a ski boat I can't ski behind!!!!

Bryan Tuvell
04-10-2001, 05:02 PM
SCUB, I will bring the digital home from work tomorrow and take an exterior pic and one from the engine compartment and email them o ou, I would post them here but do not know how.....

I hope it helps. Bryan

Scubado
04-10-2001, 05:52 PM
Thanks Bryan,

I appreciate any help but don't knock yourself out, the dealer is working on a solution. I don't understand why it has taken me and the dealer nine months to get a response from Donzi, and why they wouldn't design a ski tow eye for the 22ZX. I guess thats what I should come to expect with a boat that has been in the shop eight of the ten months I have owned it.

Bryan Tuvell
04-11-2001, 10:51 AM
Gotcha SCUB, what all problems have you had? I have been pretty fortunate.

Bryan

Bryan Tuvell
04-18-2001, 09:24 AM
SCUB, just FYI, on my buddies new 26ZX the tow eye was a $207 option.
Bryan

DONZIMAN2
04-18-2001, 09:38 AM
Bryan, Looks like you got this covered. If you can shoot it from the engine hatch side give him that one too. Plenty of material in this area to support it. Stainless and backing plate will seal the deal. Interested in knowing what kind of problems you have been having. My old 22ZX which Bryan owns has been a great boat. The factory has always been supportive.