PDA

View Full Version : Cold Weather Question

Greg Riach
10-18-2000, 07:41 PM
A question especially for the guys that live in the colder parts of the country. A couple of days ago I was out in the Donzi on a very cold day. I can deal with frozen hands by using gloves, and a cold body by wearing extra clothes but my eyes were watering so much that I had to turn on the bilge pump. What are you guys doing about this besides putting the boat away for the winter? I considered a motorcycle helmet with a full face shield !!! Other ideas??

I look forward to your creative solutions and ideas.

Greg

Bad Dog
10-18-2000, 07:45 PM
Greg:

Wraparound sunglasses, a must for a donzi in any weather. They do the trick.

Bret

------------------
Bret Pedigo
bret@emji.net

CDMA
10-18-2000, 08:06 PM
I know Paul and George have these semi stylish goggles that work so great. We wore them on the poker run at 80 + mph with tremendous spray on a really cool day. They were great. For the summer....Oakley.

Chris

Where did you guys get those?

Frank Civitano
10-18-2000, 08:22 PM
I have racing goggles,Jet ski gloves, water proof, turtle neck shirt and a Parka with a woolley. Now I am ready. The best goggles are at your favorite ski or motorcyle store. There also great when you wear contacts.

------------------
Frank Civitano

Blewbyu
10-18-2000, 11:31 PM
Ski/Snowmobile goggles work great for REALLY cold days......
******************jeff******************

Tom on Lanier
10-19-2000, 05:01 AM
In Georgia, it can get pretty cool in the winter. Full coverage helmets are rather common with the bass boat crowd and are very effective when it gets cold. We use them for cold weather boat tests when it's got to get done. If it happens to be a pontoon boat, there will be some incredulous stares!

------------------
Tom
"Tomahawk"

boxy
10-19-2000, 07:43 AM
I love you guys.
In Georgia it can get pretty cool in the winter.
It's early October, and I'm guessing the water Greg's boating in is hovering around 50 degrees right now. Goggles work well, but if you want to keep your whole head warm, just throw on a full face helmet. Of coursw this advice is coming from a guy who still has to venture back into the Rideau River to get his dock, and boat lift out. Can you say shrinkage.

------------------
boxy
mailto:sboxma@sprint.casboxma@sprint.ca</A>
Smuggler's Cove
Ontario

[This message has been edited by boxy (edited 10-19-2000).]

GEOO
10-19-2000, 08:46 AM
Greg, A good set of goggles and if it's real cold I pull the hood up on my winter ski type jacket. GEOO

Forrest
10-19-2000, 08:55 AM
Yea Scott, in fact, just the other day, I was at my sisters house in South Georgia and I don't even think it got over 70-degrees. Brrrrr!!!

------------------
Forrest

GeneD
10-19-2000, 08:58 AM
When I get cold and forget my jacket, I push my seat back and sit on the floor.
It works.

------------------
GeneD
Melbourne, Florida