PDA

View Full Version : Bad Night!

GeneD
10-18-2000, 09:00 AM
Met Rob Reid last night in Cocoa Village and picked him up at the dock for some Donzi antics!
We talked for a bit over some Bud Lights, and then took off for a nice ride down the Barge Canal through Merritt Island.
A nice time was had by all! We watched some Manatees swimming around a while, then took off for Port Canaveral.
On the way back from the Port, we got pulled over by the Coast Guard. No big deal, a bunch of kids just getting their quota. No tickets or anything, even though my fire extinquisher was under charged, and my throwable cushion was not readily available for throwing!
Nice bunch of kids really.
Then onward to the Pindea Inn for a few more brewskis, where we discovered ole 007 blew two fan belts. A bit disturnbing considering there are only two belts on the motor! I carry spares of course, and replaced them rather quickly. I've been down that street before, you know?
After a few, we noticed the time, and I made a command decision to take the car back to Cocoa, instead of driving the boat. By this time, it was a bit cold.
So we hop in DonziGirl's car and proceed to Cocoa. Where about a half a mile down the road, we get pulled over by the Sherriff for no tag light. I guess he had nothing better to do.
After getting the sobriety test, (the old pencil trick) and passing it. I was told to sit in the car. He took ID's from Tina, me, and Rob. He took quite a long time coming back. When he did, he asked Rob if he had been drinking, which of course he had. And asked him to step out of the car for the old sobriety test! He passed too! Why is he doing this, we all wondered. It turns out that my driver's license is suspended, not once, but twice!
Let me tell you folks, I haven't gotten a ticket in over a year. I was just pulled over recently for no tail lights on the Corvette, he called me in and I was fine. I got pulled over for no tail lights on the trailer 2 months ago, no suspension then.
I don't knwo what gives, but Rob had to drive away after the Sherriff's Deputy took my license and gave me a ticket for driving with a suspended license - With Knowledge! Probably carries a bigger fine.
So off to Cocoa now, we are all freaked out over this. Finally get to Cocoa where Rob's car is the only one in the launching ramp parking lot. We get out, and two Cocoa Police cruisers pull up and corner us. Full lights and all!
They proclaim that the park closes at dusk, and we are in violation!
Come on!
We explain that we are picking up his car, ect., and finally they let us go!
By now we are ready to go back to the bar and get trashed, and Rob is vehemently proclaiming how much fun he has had!
He's a sick puppy. http://www.donzi.net/ubb/wink.gif
What a freaking night.
Now I'm off to the court house to see what the hell is going on with my license. I just can't wait to see what THIS is all about!
Guys, stay away from me, unless of course your life is so damn boring that you can't stand it anymore!

------------------
GeneD
Melbourne, Florida

Forrest
10-18-2000, 10:21 AM
Dag gone! I don't remember Brevard County Sheriffs as being so tough that they pull you over for a tag light being out. Gene, they must have your number, dude! But don't worry, if you ever end up in a Florida prison, I'll make sure that you get plenty of cigarette's and cheeze doodles.

------------------
Forrest

Emmo
10-18-2000, 04:12 PM
All those Brevard County employees used to carry my pagers when I ran Sun Paging. They owe me a big one because I convinced them to stay with our system because terrestrial transmitter links are easier to fix than satellites. When G4 drifted off into oblivion, 98% of the pagers in the US quit working, but Brevard County (including Sherrif and 911) was still working.

------------------
Emmo mailto:emmette@emmette.comemmette@emmette.com</A>

GEOO
10-18-2000, 04:21 PM
Gene, I thought my town was bad when I got a ticket for not wearing my seat belt. GEOO

Scott Pearson
10-18-2000, 04:43 PM
Could be worse... You could be sitting in a fox hole somewhere getting rained on and shot at while mosqiuito's are biting your ass.

(NJ) Scott

TMracer
10-18-2000, 06:53 PM
Gene I too have those types of days too When you drive for a,Living like I do I think I wasted 6 hours with 3 different Portable scales what a bunch of Ball Busters these guy where hope very thing works out,No luck on that 28 foot inboard Donzi I was telling you about

Frank Civitano
10-18-2000, 07:24 PM
Gene.
We like coming down and visiting with you . But with my luck its sounds like we can end up in jail together!

------------------
Frank Civitano

GeneD
10-19-2000, 07:52 AM
Freaking Deputy lied to me.
I only had ONE suspension and it was due to the fact that I changed insurance companies.
I didn't return the forms they (DMV) sent me in time. In fact, I didn't even read them fully.
Now I have to pay a $150 re-instatement fee!
Blows!
I think I am going to request the administrative hearing they say I am entitled to. Why not? Do I have something to lose?
Yeah, it was just one of those nights! Sometimes it just can't be helped. Thank Don I didn't end up in the county jail. But I did have the forethought to quit drinking a few hours back. What a relief!
Think I'll just hang out for a couple of weeks. We got that boat show coming up, need to be ready for that at least.

------------------
GeneD
Melbourne, Florida

Rob
10-24-2000, 10:00 PM
Wow!

I can't believe how many posts I missed being gone just a week! You know, it's going to be a tough job catching up, but I'm just going to have to force myself to do it :-)

But first, I have to thank Gene and Tina for a truly great night. They really went out of their way to show me a good time, and I certainly enjoyed the evening. 007 looks, runs and handles great. (even though at 60+ MPH Gene was still grousing about how much faster it should be going...) This is the first time I have spent much time in an 18 and I'm amazed how much better it is at handling even semi-rough water than my 16. Being able to trim seems to make a big difference as well.

I sure wish I had the expansive cruising area that Gene enjoys. It's a really cool location with great destinations. My little lake seems pretty constraining and boring in comparison.

After all our friendly little chats with the local heat, I'm fully convinced that Forrest must have better job security than anyone I know! If that's an example of the way they treat law abiding citizens, I can only imagine how full the prisons must be. By the end of the evening I was thinking that "Old Sparky" must be just around the corner for us... :-)

I sure hope I can make it down with the boat for one of the events next year. After meeting Gene I'm even more excited about meeting other classic Donzi fanatics on the board and swapping stories. I'm convinced his board supports a community in the best sense of the word.

GeneD
10-25-2000, 09:55 AM
Gee Rob,
That was awful nice of you to say.
Considering what an awful ending to the evening we experienced!
St. Elmo's Fire!
I don't think I have solved that dilemma yet, but I did replace the coil. I haven't tested it yet on the water, but I will soon.
I don't care what you say, the boat was running slow. You would have been way more impressed with the other engine. You think the Space Shuttle goes fast?
Ha!
Ahhh, only teasing!
The performance in my opinion is marginal. We'll take it for now.
Thanks for the thoughts, it was our pleasure to have you aboard and to have welcomed you to our "sleepy" little town.
Yeah, let's all look forward to the show next April in Orlando, regardless of it's location! We'll have a blast! You're a cool guy to hang with.
Still can't get over the fact that Deputy let you drive away!

------------------
GeneD
Melbourne, Florida