PDA

View Full Version : Yellow Color Code Name?

502 Magnum
04-04-2001, 05:11 PM
Not easy to find in Norway with not one yellow Donzi! Color code for the right
Yellow hull color on the 1989-90-91-
Donzi Z33.Appreciate assistance,no
reply from facktory yet.Thanks

Bjørn

502 Magnum
04-10-2001, 03:54 PM
Guys,need to find the right yellow
color Donzi got on the hull`s around the 90s.
May be the same color name and code to day?
Going to use Glasomax or Dupont .
Any idea to get the the color code?
Any painters on the board?

Bjørn

Scott Pearson
04-10-2001, 05:27 PM
Is there a spot on the boat that is in good shape or can be buffed? You need about a 3 inch square spot. If you have that you can take a reading with a spectophotometer (spelling) Ours (PPG) is called the Prophet. It will get you the color that you need. Dupont and Glaso have one also.

Good Luck
(NJ)Scott

502 Magnum
04-11-2001, 05:07 PM
Thanks for reply Scott,my boat is faded green and ugly,and I`m trying to hit the
yellow color Donzi used or still use.I`v
got color maps and pro painters to help,
but it`s hard to tell the right color from
a small colormap,I havent the code name on the dammmn yellow.It`s too late to say ****
this was to dark when the boat is finished.

Still praying for a kind Donzi man with a
YELLOW boat to take the time to help me out.

Bjørn

PaulO
04-11-2001, 05:43 PM
When I re-sprayed the deck on my '73 yellow and black 18, I took a hatch to my DuPont jobber and he matched it with the scan thing. The jobber has the code on file. I may be able to get the formula from him that he used to make up the Imron. If this would be good for your purposes, let me know. I know you asked for '80s yellow and I do not know if this is the same. The match he did for mine was very good with the hull color.
PaulO

502 Magnum
04-23-2001, 03:10 PM
Hi PaulO
Im coming back to you,but i feel its bad
with no reply from the Fackt,they know.See
you.

Bjørn

Donzi Customer Service
04-25-2001, 11:43 AM
Bjorn,

Unfortunately this boat was built before we American Marine Holdings, purhcased Dozni from OMC, and we have very limited information on OMC built boats. If you are looking for Yellow Gelcoat, you may want to try Donald LaChrite at Minicraft he can supply older gelcoat. He can be reached at <donald@minicraft.com>. Otherwise if it is paint, then you will need access to a spectrometer. (sp?)

Best Regards,

Donnie

502 Magnum
04-29-2001, 03:53 PM
Hi Donni,thanks for reply,I understand
the problem.
I`m going to paint my hull,have you got any
colorcode from ord colormaps on the light
yellow color you use on your hulls today?
In Duopont or other brands? Appreciated alot
if you can take the time to help,thanks.

Best regards

Bjørn

502 Magnum
04-29-2001, 04:17 PM
Donnie
The yellow man talking again!
Donzi used the yellow color I`m after
on the 1991 Z33,I`m shure you know what I
mean,one of the problem is I`v got no
catalogs or brochyr from around the 90s,
I`v got nothing to look after,not so easy.

Bjørn

502 Magnum
05-05-2001, 04:39 PM
Hi Guys

In two weeks my Donzi Z33 Crossbow is
ower here in Norway,great.Another thing
not so great is that I`v tryed to get help
to get the Color code on the yellow color
used on yellow Donzi hulls,but with noooooo
luck.I`v desided to use PPG color,i`v got
PPG colormaps,but again it`s not posible
for me to find the right color from a very small pice.I`v tryed the factory with nooo
luck,they must know what color they use on
their todays boats,but ,NO.
Anyone sporty Donzi owner with yellow boat
on the board?If so,please check out the color code using a PPG colormap,
my Donzi is going to the painter first thing.So I do have a problem up here in
Norway.Appreciate help,thanks

Bjørn

502 Magnum
05-06-2001, 03:47 PM
Guys

????????????????????????????????????

BigGrizzly
05-06-2001, 04:26 PM
Try Ford Chrome yellow for a match. Memory is foggy but I used it on my race bike. I think it is close but check it out. searched all my books but no color codes.

Randy

Len
05-06-2001, 09:50 PM
502... Have you tried e-mailing Chris Craft or OMC for that matter (in whatever form they now are in) and asking them who was their colour/suppliers/wholesalers to their market in gelcoats in the early 90's? That in itself could lead you on an investigation and company records could be pulled and they could see sales of gelcoat/supplier. I would think that the yellow you are after probably resides on other OMC product/boat lines of that era and it was sprayed around in various moulds. (The "Unlimited 17" comes to mind). If you snivel, (sniff) http://www.donzi.net/ubb/frown.gif they might want to help you and try to restore some investor/public relations confidence. ( The same thing that DONZI outside of this era has done since day one...) http://www.donzi.net/ubb/smile.gif It can't be that hard and e-mail and long distance is cheaper than gas..Len

P.S. other than that, as others have said before, the specrophotometer is an excellent way to go. We farm out to these services in our cabinet shop and the results are basically flawless. After you spend one summer outside in UV all bets are off anyway and you will look like you want to with guidance from this tool. Madpoodle has a good point. If 100% of your boat is not "ORIGINAL" than what does it matter if you are one or two PECO'S off in the spectrum? All the boats I drool over on this and other sites are simply "pretty boats" with an owner of excellent taste and it shows. I love Cigarettes, and how many do you see that are a one colour gel-coat?...without 50,000 variances of flops and graphics and such. They all look great! If it was a small CLASSIC, I could see it, (maybe) AN ERA DEPENDANT AUTHENTIC RESTORATION, but 1988-1992 is not an antique and I think I would use YOUR best judgement and run with it...besides, once you paint it is is no longer "original" anyway.
My $.02... http://www.donzi.net/ubb/smile.gif
Good Luck!

[This message has been edited by Len (edited 05-06-2001).]

Greg
05-07-2001, 03:34 PM
I have a mid-60's 18' 2+3. I'm not real sure of the year, I have registration from '64-'68. More on that later. In the folder that came with the boat there were two original color charts from Donzi. On the top it says "Colors and Fiberglass by FERRO. The yellow was called YUMA YELLOW and the id. # is 973. I realize that this is much older than your boat but its all I have on the colors. I have more original info to get to Scott as soon as I get it all together. For all of us with red boats the color is Lucan Red #1828.

------------------

502 Magnum
05-07-2001, 05:10 PM
Len , Madpoodle , Greg and BigGrizzly,
Thanks oalot for support,I realy needed it
now,sometimes I feel realy alone up here.
I dont want the yellow color to be to dark,
thats one of the reasen of all this stress.
Again,thanks guys,I`m going to make it.

Bjørn

harbormaster
05-19-2001, 06:54 PM
OK here it is. The color chart for the 1966 18 2+3 as sent to me by GregM.
http://www.donzi.net/DonziColors.jpg

502 Magnum
05-20-2001, 05:21 PM
Harbormaster and GregM.
Great,thanks to you gents.
Do you know if the Yuma Yellow
is near the hull color they use today?

Bjørn

Greg
05-20-2001, 05:41 PM
Hey 502, I used the Dogpile search engine and typed in FERRO Fiberglass Finishes and this address came up: Ferro Plastics Europe, P.O. Box 232 Almaaorz Castello Spain 12551 They also have a place in Indiana in the USA. If need be, I can color copy this and send it thru the snailmail. Good luck.

502 Magnum
05-21-2001, 05:05 PM
Hi Greg

Do you think this Yuma yellow (VF 973)
looks a bit too light? I think so,but
i`m may be wrong,do you know if the color
goes very wrong by E Mail? I think I must
stay with the PPG colorsystems and find
the right colorNr.On the samples they got
in the blue box they got theyr samples in.
Any Painters here with PPG and a yellow boat?
It`s ok with one between 1989-1999.It`s
aload to hope,thanks again Greg.

502 Bjørn