PDA

View Full Version : New Kid on the Block!

Hardonzi
07-26-2001, 06:43 PM
I just recently found this website, its just what I've been looking for. It seems to me that the Northeast and Midwest have there act together, everything seems to be happening in that part of the country. Is there any club in Florida that has get togethers? The Lk. Cumberland reunion for next year is a definite on my list. I plan to vacation there in summer of 2002 with the family, so the sooner I have dates for up coming events the better. SEEEEE YAAAA ON THE WATER!
FRANK COLLA
TAMPA, FLORIDA

BigGrizzly
07-26-2001, 07:38 PM
HD check the Eufala event, its started by Florida guys. We had a Stanford run in spring.

Randy

boldts
07-26-2001, 09:32 PM
Hardonzi,
Welcome to the board. It's been the best find I ever found. The knowledge and terrific people who frequent this board can help you with just about anything that might come up. I am the person who organized the Awakening of the Horses at Lake Cumberland Kentucky in May this year. Much of my inspiration and guidance came from members of this registry. The event got started by myself and a couple other Cincinnati Donzi owners saying let's go to Lake Cumberland for a weekend. I said, let's invite anyone with a Donzi boat and the Awakening was born. I plan to begin planing next years gathering very soon. Our goal is 80 + Donzi boats. High, but I feel attainable. The only problem with growth, is a place to put everyone and keep the group together. We met at the Jamestown Resort Marina this year and had 35 Donzis at the event. Many coming from great distances. We sent Hot Boat Magazine pictures from the event and they have done an article on the gathering which is in the August issue. Tom Riggle from GA is currently working on a video tape of the event for us to be offered to those who would like to purchase it for those winter nights. I'm from OH and my Donzi sits in the garage over the winter unlike you all from FL who get the opportunity to run your boats year around if you want. Many of the members who attended this year's Awakening have suggested that we hold the event for a longer time period. A Thurs. through Tues. appears to be the best idea so far. Our time of year this year kept us in the Spring rate time frame. Summer rates went into effect 2 weekends after our event and 1 weekend after our event is a very large jet ski gathering on the lake. At this time, I am planning to keep the same weekend as this year with the additional days added to each end of the weekend. This happens to be Mother's Day weekend. There was some beef about using this date, but I think that those who attended were able to show their moms and wives how much they cared about them. By the way, mother's are also invited if they are into it. I also feel that the jet skiers should be left alone on the lake. Don't need one jumping my wake into the cockpit of my boat. Stay in tune by visiting www.mwdonziclub.com (http://www.mwdonziclub.com) and become a member. There is no charge to be a member and I'd like to keep it that way. As I get things finalized, it will be posted both on this site and on the club website. Should be happening with-in the next couple months. I'm not sure yet, but we may have to wait until after January to make the room reservations. Last year, rooms were held at both Jamestown Resort and the Lake Cumberland State Park lodge for us and I will do that again next year if we choose to stay at the same meeting place. This helps keep folks together if they were to need any help or hopefully meet new friends to spend time with. Well, I've blown my horn enough. Keep an eye on this website. There are many new and established gatherings happening all over the country. I see Lake Tahoe in my future maybe. Scot VanAlstine, Harbormaster, is working on this gathering for the owners out west along with all the other wonderful things he does in keeping this site available for us. :)

Shanghied Again
07-26-2001, 09:45 PM
Welcome and what Randy said I second that motion :D :D

Formula Jr
07-27-2001, 02:29 AM
I think of AOTH as a sort of salmon run. You don't know why, but ya gotta be there.
Looking forward to seeing ya at AOTH '02. By the way, this place knows everything
about donzi. It's all there for the asking. And what we don't know is a challenge to
find out. That's the donzi way.....welcome aboard.

Tomahawk
07-27-2001, 04:26 AM
Welcome Aboard Hardonzi - what kind of boat do you have? Whatever, try to bring it to Lake Eufaula on Labor day weekend and join a group of us for some Donzi boating. Guaranteed good time and a learning experience as well. It's on the southern Georgia/Alabama line. Hope to meet you there :)

Dr. Dan
07-27-2001, 08:04 AM
Welcome, I have to warn you though, as a doctor, this site is addictive! Proceed in small doses and head for some water, preferably in your Donzi...Good having you..Doc

mattyboy
07-27-2001, 09:01 AM
welcome hd, i'm a newer member, and these guys know their $#!+, this board is great,
glad your'e with us, I'm so glad a bought a donzi.
Have a great weekend