PDA

View Full Version : snaps

Bad Dog
04-03-2001, 09:51 AM
I'm looking for a place to get replacement screw in snaps for most of my boat. Anyone had this issue before (I would think so) and know where to look.

Thanks

Bret

------------------
Bret Pedigo
bret@emji.net

DONZIMAN2
04-03-2001, 10:05 AM
Got them just about any where. They are a pain especially if you use the cover a lot. When you put the new ones in stick some epoxy or other stuff to reinforce them. I saw a pretty neat set up on a Velocity which took the stress off of the screw itself. Someday maybe they will cure this problem. What kind of boat you have.

Bad Dog
04-03-2001, 10:16 AM
Donziman, I've got a 1987 18' Classic.

The owner before me had it in brackish water so they snaps have a lot of corrosion on them. I want to replace all of them, but the ones with the most stress are the carpet and rear seat snaps. I don't have a tannau (sp) cover for it, but a full boat cover instead.

Bret

------------------
Bret Pedigo
bret@emji.net

green16
04-04-2001, 09:01 PM
BadDog, I had a new cover and upholstery made for my 16'. John Harmon from Bilt Rite may be able to help you find them as he sent some to me with the new stuff. His phone Number is 904 259 4807. He and the work he did was great. Maybe he'll sell you snaps.
Good Luck, green16

P.S. John Harmon did tell me that when filling holes, you need to add fiberglass to the fill resin or the snap studs tend to pull out.

raritan
04-05-2001, 05:30 PM
How much did biltrite charge you for the cover? Is it a complete or tonneau.
Thanks

vagrant
04-05-2001, 05:52 PM
bad dog
i replaced all 90 something snaps on my boat i bought them from austin canvas here in charlotte they worked well and are very
reasonably priced hope this helps
david

Formula Jr
04-06-2001, 01:54 AM
Make doubly sure you get ALL of them stainless. Bring a magnet.