PDA

View Full Version : AOTH III

DONZIMAN2
03-30-2001, 09:28 AM
Whats the latest folks. Any new players. What is the farthest tow we have coming?

GEOO
03-30-2001, 12:46 PM
Who's going? Do we have a list? How many?
I'm coming from Connecticut, 800+ miles. GEOO

Bandit
03-30-2001, 02:34 PM
It will be about +.2 mi. for me!!!

------------------
Bandit...

DONZIMAN2
03-30-2001, 03:02 PM
Bandit, That probably qualifies for the shortest distance. Anyone shorter.

DONZIMAN2
03-30-2001, 03:03 PM
GEOO, Looks like everybody had to work today. Its been real quiet.

bverd
03-30-2001, 03:16 PM
~600 miles from Nothern VA. See you all there.

Bryan Tuvell
03-30-2001, 05:08 PM
Well I have been laying low here on the BB, BUT the AOTH posts bring me out! You know the VA Beach gang, 727 + miles....

SCOTT B, what is the boat count thus far based on response here on "for sures?"

Tried to call Frieda today several times to lock in a couple cabins or deluxe rooms for that Saturday so we can all have a beverage or few, she did not return my voice mail, not sure if they have long distance phone service in KY ya know! http://www.donzi.net/ubb/wink.gif
Teasing of course...

GEOO, be safe on the long haul, can't wait to meet ya and lay eyes on your DONZI....
BANDIT, your still on the schedule for a Thursday drop by! I have your number somewhere and we will call when we launch from Buck.
And for everyone else, I personaly look forward to meeting each and every one of you.

Bryan

DONZIMAN2
03-30-2001, 05:29 PM
Bryan, Tried to get you at work. I left a message at the new #. Where you at? Give me a call. What we going to do about FL. What are your dates? I talked to Paul H the other day in Orlando. Talk to you soon. Check out OSO. They have a neat charter member offer I just ordered you might be interested in.

boldts
03-30-2001, 07:46 PM
Hello All. The Midwest Donzi website shows a total of 24 people that have registered as coming to the Awakening of the Horses. Mike Miller is not bringing a boat which is OK and understandable since he will be flying in to the event. Jerry Eisele from Ohio is hoping to bring both of his Donzi models. A 16' Skisporter and a 22' Classic. This means we also have 24 registered Donzi boats coming.

If you are planning on making the Awakening and have not registered with the Midwest Donzi Club, please do so by going to either: www.geocities.com/boldts (http://www.geocities.com/boldts) or www.mwdonziclub.com (http://www.mwdonziclub.com) There is no fee at this time to register. We are only using this registration to see the models of Donzi boats coming and for the members to travel together if they choose to get together.

We are 42 days away from Friday May 11th. It can't get here soon enough. I'm still working to get my Donzi ready for the weekend, but a test run at the lake is not to far away. Maybe by the end of next week.

The folks coming from Ohio are invited to meet on the 11th at the following places if you would like to travel to Lake Cumberland with other Donzis heading to the lake.

In the Columbus area, we will meet at exit 100 on I-71. Heading south on I-71, this exit is 1 exit south of I-270. It is called Springtown Road/Grove City. As you head south and exit, make a right and then a quick left into the Waffle House located at this exit. There is a large truck parking lot to gather at. Plans are to leave from here at 05:30 a.m.

We will travel south on I-71 to the Cincinnati area where we will meet at Phiffer road in Cincinnati. It is on I-71. On the north side , one exit south of I-275 ,and it has a Bob Evens with a large parking lot behind it. Plans are to leave this area around the 08:00 to 08:30 time frame to put us at Lake Cumberland around noon time. This meeting place should be convenient for those of you coming south by way of I-75 from the north.

Plans are to try and get some video of the caravan if possible. Hopefully to add or splice into the video we are hoping to make of the weekend. Yes, it's early in the morning, especially for those of you coming from the north, but the sooner we get to the lake, the sooner the fun can begin.

Scott Boldt http://www.donzi.net/ubb/smile.gif http://www.donzi.net/ubb/smile.gif

DONZIMAN2
03-31-2001, 12:14 PM
Thanks Scott, As Bryan indicated we are still working it. I was born in Cincy, Those roads were my old stompin grounds.

Bryan Tuvell
03-31-2001, 02:57 PM
DONZIMAN2, HEY, you better get up with Scott B. and get your shirt order in! I spoke with him today and he is working on the next order... I know you WIFE doesn't like to be out dressed in DONZI wear, aaaahhhummmm
SO get hot!!!!
2 polos will run you $70 bucks, they are very nice! Buy 2 or I will call Robin myself! http://www.donzi.net/ubb/wink.gif

I got the plastic plug in the block, man, the bilge needs a field day!!!! Soon....

Since I can't boat today I rode the tractor with a boat soda! Rev, Rev, hole shot!

Bryan

Bryan Tuvell
03-31-2001, 03:01 PM
Originally posted by DONZIMAN2:
Thanks Scott, As Bryan indicated we are still working it. I was born in Cincy, Those roads were my old stompin grounds.

Bob, I know where CINCI is, where is CINCY? Is that a new city in OHIO?

I am telling our secretary "Linda" you miss her fine typing skills.... Bryan

DONZIMAN2
03-31-2001, 04:15 PM
I miss your abuse. Call me.

Varyak
04-01-2001, 08:05 PM
Peer pressure is an amazing thing! Yes, I will try to get a room and tow Last Tango 714 miles from Jacksonville, FL. Getting new "secret" prop this week. I'm gonna kick some BUTT on the water! Go BIG if you wanna try me!
Mark

boldts
04-01-2001, 09:46 PM
Mark,
I received your registration and placed your info on the web. If your staying at the Jamestown Resort or the Lake Cumberland State Park lodge, be sure and tell the person who is taking your registration info that you are with the Midwest Donzi Club. (This goes for anyone else also) You will receive a 10% discount on your room.

Have a safe trip. Looking forward to meeting everyone!

Scott Boldt http://www.donzi.net/ubb/smile.gif

Bryan Tuvell
04-02-2001, 03:06 PM
Scott B, just got in from the post office (all the envelope and stamps were packed!), anyway, $70, checks in the mail.
Thank you for ordering in advance for me.

Bryan

Bryan Tuvell
04-02-2001, 03:45 PM
Rick and Bob and Mark, I finally got Frieda, we talked at length about deals, and was best suited for our requirements... She said the MWD club has the Yatch club reserved. with that said I booked 2 deluxe rooms, they are 2 double beds and a sofa, kitchen etc....very nice she said....$10 extra per boat, they will call me if there is a slip shortage but she said or my interpretation was not everyone had booked a slip yet and she would call me if there was a slip shortage!!!!! Plus the rooms are by the water with a view and no mile hike uphill for over a mile to a cabin..... Since Stinrays folks own the Buck Creek cabin for the rest of the week I think a 4 way split on funds would be best, and if a couple relatives want to hang they ride and hang for free, i.e. $50 bucks each.... I really need to pin down if the Scarab is coming for sure... let me know. Cause if not we might get by with one room.....
Bryan

DONZIMAN2
04-02-2001, 04:15 PM
Bryan, I'm in. Nice talking to you on the phone. Good job on the room. I like the idea of the slips right there.

DONZIMAN2
04-02-2001, 04:16 PM
P.S. Shirts are ordered as long as he got it. I'm also registered.

Originally posted by DONZIMAN2:
Bryan, I'm in. Nice talking to you on the phone. Good job on the room. I like the idea of the slips right there.

Bryan Tuvell
04-02-2001, 04:34 PM
The old "double post"... have you been drinking? http://www.donzi.net/ubb/smile.gif Give rick the skinny on my post above....
And pardon my math, if Marks woman comes divide by 5 vice 4... LOL Hey, that would save us each $10... she can bunk with you! :0
What was causing the overheating in the Scarab?????
Lets Rock.... Bryan

roadtrip
04-02-2001, 04:42 PM
Scott Boldt,
Received our AOTH t-shirts today. Nice job brother. They are very good quality and the graphics are understated and well executed, instead of looking like a concert t-shirt.
Those of you who still haven't ordered yet, don't miss out! See ya'all soon. Todd

Bryan Tuvell
04-02-2001, 08:25 PM
GEOO, VAGRANT, what is the latest?
GEOO, give us an update! I haven't heard from you two here in awhile! VAGRANT, you will be easy to spot with that big tow rig and those awesome twins.....
I am looking forward to seeing the DONZI's in KY...

ROADTRIP, hey, maybe you missed my question earlier on another thread, did that 22ZX in NM sell yet?

Just food for thought, how can WE ALL show Scott B our appreciation fo his hard work organizing this event???? Maybe since his bride is coming along he can barefoot ski naked behind the VAGRANT, if so I promise I will personally hire a professional to video shoot it for later sales, of course all procedds would have to go to the MidWest Donzi Club!!!!! HHHHMMMMM....

Bryan

GEOO
04-02-2001, 09:08 PM
Bryan,
All is well!! I don't have quite the same amount of free time on my hands these days to play with the Donzi. Have some other important toys, Wife & Daughter. But don't worry I find a night or two to fiddle with the boat.

Naked Barefooting OUCH!!!!!! It hurts to fall with a wetsuit???

I'll bring a Video Camera!!!

Items to complete before AOTH's:
I have to seal a leaky oil temp sending unit, vacuum the bilge, (to get all the wire tie pieces and debris out), install new brake pads on the trailer, install interior of boat, fit and install snaps on new tournou cover, clean socket and install new bulb in rear light of boat, clean bilge strainers, put 7 more hours on engine, change engine oil, fine tuning of engine, test prop to see if less pitch is needed, play with drive set up and prop. HUM the list goes on. Well; if the weather will cooperate I could start running the boat some more.

How's your boat doing???

GEOO

boldts
04-02-2001, 10:41 PM
BareFoot naked? I had a doctors son break his wrist trying to barefoot behind my Donzi. Ain't no way you-all are going to get me barefootin behind a boat. Remember, Beth and I have a room to ourselves and while we love her to death, our daughter is staying with Grandma and Grandpa. Believe me, with a 4 year old, we live for a nice romantic, peaceful weekend. (I didn't tell Beth I would be up all night talkin Donzi with all the new friends)

Take Care all. We're 39 days away from the Awakening of the Horses!!

Scott

P.S. You guys don't need to do anything for me. I've had a lot of help and advice from folks who have been doing these gatherings a lot longer than The Midwest Donzi Club has. There has been a lot of behind the posts work done. I'm just the lucky one carrying the torch.

vagrant
04-02-2001, 11:05 PM
hello bryan
things are well here just need to log some more time on the engines by the way there was a gentleman here that said i could use his slip that he had reserved if that offer is still good please email me i have lost your email and i will pay for the slip thanks again and i should have a video cam on board so do worry about a professonal i consider myself one see yall in 39 days
david
vagrants twins
lake norman nc

roadtrip
04-03-2001, 12:20 AM
Originally posted by Bryan Tuvell:
GEOO, VAGRANT, what is the latest?
GEOO, give us an update! I haven't heard from you two here in awhile! VAGRANT, you will be easy to spot with that big tow rig and those awesome twins.....
I am looking forward to seeing the DONZI's in KY...

ROADTRIP, hey, maybe you missed my question earlier on another thread, did that 22ZX in NM sell yet?

Just food for thought, how can WE ALL show Scott B our appreciation fo his hard work organizing this event???? Maybe since his bride is coming along he can barefoot ski naked behind the VAGRANT, if so I promise I will personally hire a professional to video shoot it for later sales, of course all procedds would have to go to the MidWest Donzi Club!!!!! HHHHMMMMM....

Bryan

Bryan, I think RickS is the guy you are looking for on the 22ZX. His dad has the Donzi franchise in New Mexico. I haven't kept up with the close out boats he took on from California. Sounded like a pretty cool boat. You might want to start another thread to get Rick's attention. peace, Todd

Bryan Tuvell
04-03-2001, 04:27 AM
Scott, maybe Beth should give you a curfew! LOL

Bryan

Tom on Lanier
04-03-2001, 05:59 AM
Vagrant - that was me. I don't know if there will be a slip shortage or not but, I have one reserved and you are welcome to it. I'm sure I'll be pulling "Tomahawk" out at night. Need to remove the water spots you know! Should be there Friday afternoon after caravaning up from Atlanta. See ya there!

------------------
Tom
"Tomahawk"

Bryan Tuvell
04-03-2001, 11:45 AM
MADPOODLE: Your thoughts are probably wise!
I have to yank Scotts chain on occasion to keep him in check!!!!

So are you coming to KY MADPOODLE? That would be awesome... You post on distance gave me the impression you are considering it!!!!! And by the way, where is just north of Cuba??? ;) I pulled some great liberty in Cuba as a young buck in the navy in '82, they used to shuttle us to the clubs to get drunk in cattle cars pulled by a tractor. Of course the driver was cuban and his Cigars were awesome!!!!

Bryan

vagrant
04-03-2001, 03:53 PM
hey tom
thanks for responding i'm sorry i lost your email and thanks again for the use of the slip if need be i will be glad to help with the wipe down i will have plenty of soft cloths shammies ,cotton diapers,and cleaning stuff thanks again
david
vagrants twins
lake norman nc
ps i will be leaving sometime thursday afternoon

Bryan Tuvell
04-03-2001, 07:46 PM
To all; STINGRAY is familiar with the area pretty much and has been there several times.
The VA gang will be arriving at Cumberland Wednesday evening, anyone needing whatever ever call my cell, if we can help we certainly will, or try like hell that is!!
(757)435-9430
Bryan

boldts
04-03-2001, 10:28 PM
Scott (Madpoddle),
Thanks for the support. That really is a video that I would rather not have shot. I read about some difficulties at Sanford. The picture shows a patrol boat, but was that for a tow or some kind of violation. Since I couldn't be there, I hope everything with your boat is OK. One other thing while I'm thinking about it. I have a 250 Volvo drive that I have added another trim hole away from the third hole. Do you know if there is a Clever type prop that could be tried in this hole. I also had the third trim hole moved out 3/16". I have a stainless 3 blade (14 1/2" x 22") that I am currently running in this third hole and the boat has a nice soft ride carrying the bow like it is on air which I would guess it is. I know that this fourth hole is to much for the 3 blade, but thought I could try a aerated prop if available.

Bryan,
Keep pulling on that chain. Don't let me get to far out of hand. This Cumberland gathering has gone from 3 persons wanting to meet at the lake to now 25 registered boats. It's been a labor of love getting this gathering organized. Can't wait to meet everyone!

Scott Boldt

Tom on Lanier
04-03-2001, 10:56 PM
Madpoodle - It's 300 miles from Tallahassee to my house and another 300 miles from here to Jamestown. You can save about 50 miles by going right up I-75 to Chattanooga but rooms are cheaper at my house than along I-75! We will hit I-75 at Cartersville and head north. http://www.donzi.net/ubb/biggrin.gif

------------------
Tom
"Tomahawk"

Bryan Tuvell
04-03-2001, 11:56 PM
You know I am just teasing Scott B.
I sit amongst ALL boxes tonight, a PC (no chair), and a cooler full of beer!
They move us in the a.m.

Thank goodness, hell they packed my boating magazines!!!!!
Bryan

roadtrip
04-04-2001, 11:29 PM
Mr. Poodle,
From my quick purusal of the Portifino substitute thread, besides seeing you socializing with the local constables(awesome photo, had to crawl back into my chair, can I have your permission to frame that?), there appears to be quite the rumblings about the AOTH. You boys in Florida aren't going to pull a sleeper on us are you? How many of ya' are going to show?
Don't keep us in suspense now. A good turnout of the Donzi faithful from FLA will make this a very, very memorable event indeed!!! Todd

roadtrip
04-05-2001, 09:54 AM
MADPOODLE,
In my vocation, we call that "sand bagging"! World tour, what world tour?
This thing is starting to take on the air of a Grateful Dead concert. "Hey man, if we can get the van working again, we gonna make that next show at Cumberland. It's gonna be cooooool!" Hey Scott B, I think we need to tie die a few of the AOTH shirts for the FLA contingent memebers who show up unregistered. Bring it on!
BRYAN
We are debating about making our travel day Wednesday. If so, we will have to hook up Thursday on the lake. I just switched our reservations over to Jamestown, so that we would could be at ground zero for the Saturday night festivities.
Enough for now, got to get back to work... Todd

Bryan Tuvell
04-05-2001, 10:29 AM
TODD, sounds great!!! Thursday, our plan was to launch from Buck Creek and go about 15 miles to Pittman Creek and see the VAGRANT, but that won't be an all day deal, so ring my cell listed above and our gang is always on VHF ch 71....

We too are spending Saturday night at ground zero, 2 deluxe rooms and 4 boat slips! Confirmed... They seem like real nice folks at Jamestown...

Bryan

vagrant
04-05-2001, 04:41 PM
HEY BRYAN
i got your cellphone heres mine 704-756-1915
we should be pulling in sometime thrusday evening 3 to 6 range if any earlier i will give you a call
david
vagrants twins
lake norman nc

vagrant
04-05-2001, 06:09 PM
Hey all
is there shore power at the docks in lake cumberland
thanks
david

Bandit
04-06-2001, 07:15 AM
There's shorepower at the docks, but make sure your slip has a hookup.

I've now got 2-3 houseboats coming to Jamestown for the weekend but Fredia wouldn't lock us in on slips. She said if there were any open that it would be $50 per night and she wouldn't book ahead of time. I've stayed there before and it was only $20 per night for my houseboat. They know some action is going on that weekend so they've jacked up the rates to make a few extra bucks at our expense.

I met Mark from the State Dock at the Louisville boat show and he said he would fix us up. I was hoping to get all of us together but we might have to shuttle over to Jamestown.

Scott B. - shirts look great!

------------------
Bandit...

Bryan Tuvell
04-06-2001, 11:09 AM
GEOO, somehow I missed your update post the other day, sorry... You sound busy, and I know all about the wife and kids keeping you that way.
I have been out once, a few fast runs in a fairly short distance, one of our foursome was overheating all day so we were beached allot.
Doing the family boating this Sunday, they are calling for low 80's temp wise. Nancy did not go last week and she is getting the urge to boat!!! Everything seems to be working fine, I will give the engine a hard look over this weekend, overall I think we are in great shape... looking forward to KY!
Talk at ou later
Bryan

GEOO
04-06-2001, 03:54 PM
Bryan,
I have a blast working on the boat making it drive better & faster. The challenge keeps me going. I think, I may be getting to fast. I never thought I would say that!! But I get a little nerves when the Speedo starts reaching 90mph. I don't like to take my eyes off the water to check the gauges. Don't get me wrong, the boat is steady. But when you're cruising along at 60-65 and you hit the throttle and the boat rockets up to 80+ I get goose bumps. 60 seams fast!! Who knows, what's left to do when the project is done!! Maybe the time will come to sell her and start a new project. Something the family can enjoy??? http://www.donzi.net/ubb/smile.gif http://www.donzi.net/ubb/frown.gif http://www.donzi.net/ubb/smile.gif The other day the boat gps'd at 88.6mph in unperfect conditions. GEOO

boldts
04-06-2001, 08:48 PM
Bandit,
No problem on the shuttling. My wife and I are staying at the State Park also. Would be happy to volunteer to be a taxi. I've had thoughts of moving my reservations over to the Jamestown Resort since that is where we're meeting, but the savings in room rates pays for another whole tank of gas in my boat. I don't remember who said it, but they said they liked the launch ramp at the State Park better also. The disadvantage is the long windy road to get there. I agree, I think the folks at Jamestown are a bit surprised at how many people are planning to come to the event. How's the water level looking?

Geoo,
90 MPH in a 18' Donzi. Man that is awesome!! I can't wait to see it in real life. I'm lucky if my Donzi gets in the low 50's. 40 more MPH on water must be like time standing still. Do you actually take a breath at that speed? http://www.donzi.net/ubb/eek.gif http://www.donzi.net/ubb/biggrin.gif Are you still planning on meeting me in Columbus on Friday morning? I am going to drive down to Cincinnati on the 21st and meet some of the guys who we will join on the way to KY. I'm actually looking forward to the drive. It's going to be a great time and of course, our order for clear weather has been in for a while.

Scott Boldt

GEOO
04-06-2001, 11:07 PM
Scott,

Yes!!, I'm planning on meeting up with you guys in Columbus. I'll have to leave Hudson at 3:30am. I may not be too active Friday night. http://www.donzi.net/ubb/frown.gif GEOO http://www.donzi.net/ubb/smile.gif http://www.donzi.net/ubb/smile.gif http://www.donzi.net/ubb/smile.gif I can't wait!!!!

Bandit
04-07-2001, 09:20 AM
The water is looking fantastic!!!

The ride to the State Dock is on a windy road, but it's scenic. Watch out for the deer around dusk.

I forgot to tell you about the National Trout Hatchery below the dam which is only a few more miles past the entrance to the State Park. It's a good place to visit and feed some 8-10lbs trout.

Thanks for the shuttle offer. We should have several smaller boats with us, that is, if it's not pouring down rain.

There's currently me, two houseboats from Lees Ford Marina and a Carver from Burnside Marina coming down Friday.

I'll be in a 45' black/white Nautiline with Bandit on the flybridge. So, stop on by if you see us.

I'll contact the local tourist commission this week to get something setup with them and I'll place a call to a couple local radio stations and newspapers to see if they are interested.

Today it's suppose to hit around 80 and I'm off to Keeneland for some horseracing and beer drinking.

------------------
Bandit...

boldts
04-07-2001, 02:26 PM
Bandit,
Thanks for the info. I'll keep an eye out for you all. Rain? What's that??? Bringing my gear just in case. LOL

Geoo,
Glad to hear it. It will be hard, but maybe a afternoon nap before we all get together to reminisce? Have to get some brew in the Madpoddle to find out about the Patrol boat at Sanford. Also there was a post about a secret prop from that event? The best information comes from those who have been there done that.

Scott Boldt

Bryan Tuvell
04-07-2001, 07:12 PM
Interseting string....
Fla boys MIGHT come...
TX and NC are coming early like the VA boys...
Local publicity!
Man oh man.... Event of the year for me!!!

80's today and tomorrow in VA... My horses are VERY AWAKE and ready to travel...
Just heard the boat in our foursome has found the overheating problem and is ready... we'll see tomorrow! Damn Scarabs!
And for the record, the Scarab is a bit faster than me WHEN HE IS RUNNING!

Yes Mark, a dig on ya! We vall need something to say while bragging!!!!

Bryan

GEOO
04-08-2001, 06:46 PM
Gene, Are you going to Kentucky????
Heather & Hailey don't want to go. I'm dropping them off at my inlaws in Ohio. I have room in the boat.

Steve, See if you can fly down, I'll pick you up. GEOO