PDA

View Full Version : CONGRATS TO SCOTT BOLTS

vagrant
07-16-2001, 12:08 PM
Hey Scott
The august issue of hotboat is out check page 85 of hotboat.
david
vagrants twins
lake norman nc

boldts
07-16-2001, 12:24 PM
David,
Thanks for letting me know about the story. I had just talked to the writer about the event and hadn't expected to see a story until September, but I'm not complaining. I'd like to thank Tom Riggle for his help in getting our story to the folks at Hot Boat. I'll pick-up a copy on my way home from work.

Scott Boldt

P.S. David, I'll be traveling through Charlotte on August 3rd if you would like to get together for dinner that night.

vagrant
07-16-2001, 12:34 PM
Hey Scott
look forward to seeing you in aug call me and we will take yall out to dinner 704-756-1915
The article is great in hotboat they really did me right with the pictures that are in there and thanks to you for sending them, all my buddies are calling me and telling how nice it is to know a celebrity(lol).I really think after this coverage next years event is going to be even better and bigger congrats again and good luck with next years event GOOD JOB
david
vagrants twins
lake norman nc

boldts
07-16-2001, 08:43 PM
Man, I go to the store with my tongue hanging on the floor waiting to see the article and the July issue is still on the stands. Waiting patiently... I received a call from a gentleman with a 22ZX from Atlanta GA wanting more information about AOTH and plans for next year because he had seen the article. He gave me a run down of what was in the article. He said that he had never seen anything about Donzi boats getting together anywhere. I said, write this down and check it out. "www.donzi.net" I also mentioned the Eufallia? event over Labor Day. Looks like we'll have another Donzi owner conversing with us soon.

David - Thanks for the dinner offer, but if anyone takes anyone to dinner, it will be me taking you. We'll talk about it has August gets a little closer and I get plans firmed up. The following weekend, I hope to travel up the East coast and stop in VA and NJ on my way back home. Beth is fuzzing a little about my plans. We'll have to see. I've already been told I can't take the Donzi with me. Sure am going to miss it being so close to the intercostal with out a boat for a week.

Scott Boldt

vagrant
07-16-2001, 08:49 PM
Scott
Sorry about that i figured you subscribed anyhow check your email i think you will be happy
david
vagrants twins
lake nomran nc

boldts
07-16-2001, 09:30 PM
Guys,
Sorry, but other than talking to the writer, who's name slips my mind, I didn't ask and wasn't told whether or not we could copy the article to this site. I wasn't even told when to expect the article. Tom Riggle, do you have a name at Hot Boat that I could call or send an e-mail to and ask if it would be OK? I still have a lot to learn about the media and what can be done.

Scott Boldt

Formula Jr
07-16-2001, 10:02 PM
Scott, Don't worry about it. Comes under the fair use clause of title 82.
OOPs.........Just went into full SOFTLAW mode.......adjusting.......

Don't worry....be happy.....not a problem...... http://www.donzi.net/ubb/smile.gif

Tom on Lanier
07-17-2001, 06:10 AM
Scott - Brett Bayne at 323 961 7822 or brettster@aol.com. However, I think Owen is right.

------------------
Tom
"Tomahawk"

Scott Pearson
07-17-2001, 09:00 AM
Scott,
Congrats again! When are you heading to NJ? The AC get together is Aug 11th and 12th. It would be great if you can attend that. Any hoooo...Whenever you decide to get to NJ your more then welcome to crash here. I have plenty of room for you guys and the boat. You can even check out my new "TOP SECRET" project.

(NJ)Scott

boldts
07-17-2001, 12:16 PM
Scott,

Thank-you for the offer to stay at your home. Beth, Allison and I are coming off a week at Myrtle Beach the week before the AC gathering. Beth already said I can't bring the Donzi to SC with me, soooo, I would like to leave the beach on Friday the 10th and head up the East coast stopping in VA to visit Bryan Tuvell and friends. I would then like to continue on up to AC either Sat. or Sun. to at least stop in and say hello to Frank and others who will be at the event. Beth on the other hand would like to stay at the beach through the weekend. She really is great about letting me get out with the boat, not to mention, she spent Mother's Day riding home from Kentucky, so I probably should give in this time and be the good husband and father. LOL Secret project has my curiosity running wild though. Not to mention the viewing of you guys boats. I also have a brother who lives South of Philadelphia so I'm pushing the "Lets stop and see my brother's family on the way home." by way of AC angle. I really hope I can talk her into it. I haven't been to AC since the offshore Worlds back in 1989. I'll keep you all posted as plans are firmed up.

Scott Boldt

vagrant
07-17-2001, 12:37 PM
Hey Scott
Well the word is getting around now on the oso site hopefully this will add more to donzi gatherings and reach many more donzi owners than you can imagine .
david
vagrants tiwns
lake norman nc

Forrest
07-17-2001, 01:47 PM
Scott, with a little luck, I should be up in Va. Beach on Aug 10 with my X-18. Maybe we should have a little Donzi get together somewhere around there. http://www.donzi.net/ubb/cool.gif

------------------
Forrest

[This message has been edited by Forrest (edited 07-17-2001).]

Scott Pearson
07-17-2001, 04:34 PM
Scott,

I know what you mean...You hafta treat the wife right every now and then. If something comes up let me know. I'm only about 30 min. north of AC.

(NJ)Scott

boldts
07-17-2001, 08:38 PM
Forrest,
Sounds great! I hope to meet with Bryan Tuvell and the rest of the VA gang. I know Bryan used to live in Virginia Beach, but has since moved inland a bit. I'm not sure yet if I'll be able to leave SC on the 10th, but with all the response I've had from the Hot Boat article, Beth is warming up to the idea. I've had 5 phone calls in 2 nights from Donzi owners in the Midwest asking about the gathering next year. I'm going to have to start putting next years event together it looks like. Most have said they didn't know about any Donzi gatherings going on. I have been spreading the word for them to check out donzi.net. I've told them that there are many gatherings being formed and yearly events that have been happening for a number of years. All the information on them can be found here. Ya know? I get to talking with these folks and many said they had tried to get a gathering together years ago, but were unable. Most of them belong to other clubs now because they didn't know about the Donzi gatherings. One gentleman said he belongs to a Michigan Hot Boat Club and that there are a few Donzi owners as members there. I said that he should contact the Michigan members from the Midwest Donzi Club website members page. I told him that there had been 2 Donzi gatherings in Michigan since the Awakening. He couldn't believe it. This man was a wealth of information from the 70's. He has many of the older Donzi brochures and even traveled to the Miami Boat Show to buy a Donzi. I have a really good idea that registration here at donzi.net will be on the increase with the printing of this article. I know I am referring everyone I talk to here. On another note, I don't know what God might have in store for me, but if anything were to happen to me, please promise me that AOTH II, III, IV, etc. will continue to happen for many years to come. It is a sleeping giant that has just begone to awaken. Don't let it fall asleep again.

Scott Boldt