PDA

View Full Version : Supercharging an 18 Classic w/ 350MAG

Ranman
03-28-2001, 11:05 AM
I saw that ProCharger is offering a supercharger for the 350 MAG motors. My boat is a 97' 350 MAG so it has the "twin butterfly" throttle body set-up. I think the new 350 MAG's have a different intake configuration. Does anybody know anything about supercharging the 350 MAG motor? Does anyone other than Procharger (ATI) offer a supercharger setup that might work?

seano
03-28-2001, 12:10 PM
Ranman,

Dustin Whipple is working on a supercharger for the 350 MAG...you might give him a try
http://www.whipplesuperchargers.com

good luck!

DonCig
07-19-2003, 07:56 AM
This thread started in 2001, since then has anyone installed an ATI Procharger on a 1997 Mercruiser 350 Mag MPI / Bravo 1 combination?
mailto:don@rwsm.comdon@rwsm.com</a>

riverrat
07-19-2003, 12:38 PM
the newer motors run fuel rails. I've been told to leave these motors alone. But if you must I would not exceed 3lbs of boost.

HP 600SC
07-19-2003, 12:48 PM
RatMan, I have also heard the same thing,
I do not think there is a dependable "bolt on"
supercharger system made. I think an engine must be built from the ground up for supercharging.

MOP
07-19-2003, 01:24 PM
Curious what about turbos on these later motors? My first thought though was getting all the computor stuff happy!

riverrat
07-19-2003, 02:53 PM
MOP, turbo or supercharger you are right in that the fuel system has to be addressed. & Ted, I have a very good friend that builds motors for alot of differant appications & is very well respected in this area. His words were very close to yours. There is alot of strain put on the lower end of a blower/turbo/nitrous motor. And if mercury had the ablity or confidence to make money on a bolt on system they would offer it. The 350 mag motor is a great piece and they have very few problems with them. I think if I wanted more hp out of a small block I'd go with the 377 Scorpion. you know the problem is that there is always a faster boat out there. so it comes down to what you can be happy with.. if speed is your deal v-drives & jets put out alot more speed in smaller boats. okay that's it!