PDA

View Full Version : 4 times out and so far so good

blackhawk
07-17-2002, 08:42 PM
*KNOCK ON WOOD* Got my boat back last Wednesday after getting my drive rebuilt. Motor was out all winter, drive just rebuilt, new stereo system and new external steering. What could possibly go wrong? :rolleyes:

Well, so far nothing has went wrong!!! I've been out 4 times and have a few hours on it. Starts up, runs great, steering works awesome, drive seems to be working great and the stereo absolutely rocks.

I have to "baby" the drive for awhile but I had it running 68 mph today at 3/4 throttle. I can't wait to open her up!!!
:D

*KNOCK ON WOOD**KNOCK ON WOOD**KNOCK ON WOOD**KNOCK ON WOOD**KNOCK ON WOOD**KNOCK ON WOOD*

blackhawk
07-17-2002, 08:44 PM
I take that back, one K-plane is working slower than the other. But it's more of an annoyance than a problem. I'll get it figured out soon.

MOP
07-17-2002, 09:31 PM
Question are you running a shower? And will you be running Synthetic in the drive after break in? I've worked on this stuff along time both will keep you going quite a bit longer

blackhawk
07-17-2002, 09:55 PM
MOP. Yes and yes. After the expense of this total rebuild I wanted to make damn sure I broke it in right. The new external steering has a built in drive shower and I am using synthetic oil.