PDA

View Full Version : awesome

FARJR
07-17-2002, 05:36 PM
Hey everyone I am a newcomer and am very happy to have found this site. I learned to barefoot behind a 67 barrelback back in the early seventies and have been wanting one of my own ever since. I feel upon a 67 barrelback the other day in very ruff shape. Hasn't been run for years and has been out in the weather till the cover desintigrated and clear coat lifted. It has no seats and a 210hp ford intercepter motor I believe. Any suggestions on what to look for as far as structure and mechanical goes. I'm trying to pick it up for $500 because I am not sure what I'm getting into. Thanks

tmdog
07-17-2002, 06:24 PM
farjr, Hope you have bucks and time for a complete project. Restored 3 boats and of those, 2 were complete. What a head ache. thank goodness my sons and friends who helped for a complete rebuilt. My intentions were not to discourage you in any way --- go for it and good luck. Let us know if you buy the boat----good price.

MOP
07-17-2002, 08:50 PM
Seeing you are in a fresh water area you might just end up with decent salvagable mechanicals tha can be fixed up the way you want. Try to find out if the floor (not to big a job) and stringers are good (can be abig pain) sound out the transom around the drive should be sharp sounding not dull. The rest is just $$$! Any decent body shop can prep and paint, use decent quality stuff. Interiors run about $1,500, dis regarding glass work if needed you just spent rough guess $5,500 with lightly modified engine. Is it worth it Hell Yes! Its a Barrel Back!

olredalert
07-17-2002, 09:09 PM
Gas tank,gas tank,gas tank.Did I say gas tank?...........gassy......ol red!