PDA

View Full Version : ON THE ROAD AGAIN

DONZIMAN2
03-25-2001, 02:48 PM
After a day on the water with STINGRAY, Bryan Tuvell and a few others I made a run down to Raleigh Durham. Just passing the time till Donzi Delivers my 26ZX. Is there anybody out there?

Bryan Tuvell
03-25-2001, 03:32 PM
What is down there? I spent the day on honey dues at the new house. Talk to you in the a.m.
Bryan

Forrest
03-26-2001, 11:44 AM
Bryan, are you still on the Eastern Shore, or did you move to the Tidewater area? Anyway, I had an old Donzi buddy of mine from Norfolk, who has an X-18 383/Volvo E-drive, in Tallahassee on Thursday. This guy has ridden in my 16 Ski Sporter since the mid 1970s, back when it was a 55 MPH boat with the factory Mercruiser "888" setup. We decided to gave the 16 a pre-Sanford shakedown run in the St. Marks River after it warmed up to the low 70s in the afternoon. Oh boy, the little 16 was running extra good. I forgot to bring my GPS, but the engine appears now to be loosening up a little (15 hrs) and is turning another hundred RPMs more than it did back during the last Lake Eufaula Donzi event on Labor Day weekend. At Eufaula we measured 67 MPH at 4700 RPM. I figured that the rings must be seated by now, and since I had about 25 qts of 15w50 Mobil One in the garage, I went ahead and changed out to the synthetic. I forgot that the cast aluminum Mercruiser oil pan on that 302 F-word motor holds 8 quarts plus one in the filter. This could get expensive! Who knows, maybe I can squeeze another hundred RPM so by using synthetic oil, and at the same time, make the engine last longer. If that's the case, then the extra expense will be worth it I guess I'll find out in Sanford! Lookin' for 70!

------------------
Forrest

DONZIMAN2
03-26-2001, 12:28 PM
Bryan, Had to take mom to my sisters to catch the plane home. Back to Indiana and 5 inches of snow rumor has it. Yes Bryan still lives on the shore BUT it won't be long now before he is back on the Tidewater side.

Bryan Tuvell
03-27-2001, 10:07 AM
FORREST, I am still on the shore, be closed the new house deal last Friday, the ZX has already moved to the new home and the family will follow on the 4 and 5th of April.

Hook me with a number or email address and I will invite ihim out once we get settled or give him my info.

You mentioned once visiting him, I am open for house guests after mid April, come on up!

Bryan