PDA

View Full Version : First 950.00 takes it!!

harbormaster
07-17-2002, 07:47 AM
First 950.00 takes it!!
No haggling.
1960's vintage 16 classic.

No drivetrain. It comes with the trailer.

Foredeck needs new core. The stringers, hull and transom appear to be solid. A restored gauge panel comes with it.

This is a solid builder for someone who wants early piece of Donzi History. Make an offer.

email or call Me at 281-336-3458 or 832-347-8839 if interested.

Photos are at http://www.donzi.net/hull.cfm?id=210

harbormaster
07-17-2002, 01:31 PM
SOLD.

Guess who NOW has a Donzi?
Anyone who has been here for any length of time will automatically guess.

mattyboy
07-17-2002, 01:33 PM
LENNY!

Ranman
07-17-2002, 01:39 PM
Not a bad deal if it comes with the Supercharged 800 cu inch Pro stock engine as stated in the registry. :D . Anyway, my vote is for Lenny too. Whoever the new owner is, enjoy and happy restoring. Randy

Formula Jr
07-17-2002, 01:49 PM
Did somebody s@y "BenchSe@t I6, Eh?" :D

EricG
07-17-2002, 02:57 PM
Wow - That's great news!!! Now - Len, is the priority restoring the 16 or finishing the Bench Seat LENZI X-18?

Keep us posted....

Anyone find it ironic that after all of the possibilities, Len's boat is coming from the Harbormaster?

-EG

oldLenny
07-17-2002, 03:28 PM
...yeh! :D :D :D ...ironic! :)
After driving the living shi%&^ out of Owens' boat in all the "weather" we get around here this past week, and not being entirely "comfortable" with showing up at an "AOTH" meet in Kentucky with a "clone" (bench or not) I know that the 16 can take all that our area has to give so long as your careful and keep the nose up. This will move alongside, and probably ahead of, finishing the bench. The motor in this boat will be the "motor in that boat". I can't afford two set-ups. Will glass in the transom, fill speaker holes and engine access hole, get rid of heat register, find some upholstery from Bilt-Rite (or the new owners)and buy a new trailer and THEN spend another 5$G on making it puuurt'y. Think I gotta copy Jeff Moores colours on his X-18 on this. Black top-sides, with white bottom, white deck and black boot-stripe.

All this has to happen by May of 2003!!! ( :rolleyes: )

Merc and Alpha GenII.

Now, where's Houston??? :rolleyes: (actually 2000 miles from my house)

Anyone got any shipping ideas? Owen, can I put it there in Jasper for a bit? I got a border to deal with and need some time as things are busy (busiest) right now at work, but SOON, SOON, SOON...

...I will have the only REAL DONZI on Vancouver Island and the only Classic for miles and miles. (so what if it needs work :D )

Thanks Scot Van A!

http://www.donzi.net/photos/lgreen24.jpg

Moody Blu'
07-17-2002, 03:44 PM
oh well, I was thinkin about buyin it.
I was gonna try some experimenting with mazdas 13b rotary engine(twin 13b motors) with a 2 arneson type drives ...

good luck lenny!!!!

Formula Jr
07-17-2002, 04:05 PM
My Place is your place Len. Got all the room you need........ :D

Wish I could pick it up for you, but I'm he@ding out to MD @ the end of the month.

Forrest
07-17-2002, 04:19 PM
Wow! Now that is something! I bet you will have the only '60s Classic 16 in all of BC.

Did you "make an offer" or was it "no haggling"?

Congratulations!

oldLenny
07-17-2002, 05:00 PM
...when you're 2000 miles away,... :rolleyes: ...you don't haggle. Especially when you tell 'em that you CAN'T pick it up this afternoon...

RH
07-17-2002, 07:38 PM
Congrats Lenny! I am very happy for you. It is truly a great day. I still relive that day when I procured my Donzi every time I pull it out to run it. I only had to wait 32 years for mine! (since I was 5!) I will talk with a driver that I know to see if he has any ideas on getting it north. He may have some Texas runs that go that way.
RH

RH
07-17-2002, 07:38 PM
PS... Keep it left hand!
RH

RedDog
07-17-2002, 07:46 PM
Congradulations! Keep us all posted on how she evolves. The color scheme your are suggesting sounds cool - of course I would favor black and white!

mattyboy
07-17-2002, 09:14 PM
Lenny, congrats

just head south when you get to the panama canal hang a left, houston's the first real city on the left, :D wink

Matt

harbormaster
07-17-2002, 10:22 PM
Lenny,
Here is the dash.
http://www.donzi.net/photos/lennydash.jpg

oldLenny
07-17-2002, 10:39 PM
RH,...thanks for the reply.

Just to have a REAL ONE will be a treat. It will be the only authentic DONZI for MANY,MANY miles.

$1200 US to ANYONE that can get the boat as is (in one piece) to Seattle or Northern Oregon for a "hand off".

Scot, don't worry, I have many other shipping plans, this one is just easy...Thanx for the dash PIC.

boldts
07-18-2002, 12:09 AM
Lenny,
Congrats big time to you! It's been interesting reading about your search since I found this site, but it will be even better reading and seeing your progress with an original Donzi Classic.

oldLenny
07-18-2002, 01:06 AM
...very happy,..thanx again

Hope I don't let anyone down in this restore. This is forefront and focussed,...and I'm somewhat anal about pefection. None of you will be dissappointed...promise...Lenny

If I travel that far, I want to spend a couple/few days and see the area where Scot Van A lives, and some of the state.

harbormaster
07-18-2002, 07:31 AM
Sure Lenny,
Come on Down.
We'll go boating in my backyard. You gotta go to Austin and check out 6th street.

boxy
07-18-2002, 12:47 PM
That's great news Lenny. If you nedd any customs help, let me know. The only problem I can see from here, will be Agriculture Canada's reluctance to let those Texas tree leaves into the country, :D :D
Everything else should be straight forward.