PDA

View Full Version : 1st day out in Va Beach

Bryan Tuvell
03-24-2001, 10:31 PM
Well I fired the ZX up today, she fired instantly! http://www.donzi.net/ubb/wink.gif
So, 65 degrees, small craft warning in the bay and Broad Bay was very windy and choppy. Top speed today on my boat was 65.3 on GPS, 65 speedo, and under the conditions was fast enough. It was actually hard to focus on trimming or tabs or stereo etc, the wheel required two hands today....
Bad luck was on the Scarab, overheating problem, and my other bud backed into a crab pot before the day ended!
So we actually did little boating. But it was fun regardless, I am happy the merc fired right away.
Met up with a guy from Off Shore Only in a 28 Powerquest, a very nice and impressive boat!
So that was my day, maybe the next one will be better.
Oh, hey Donzi factory guys, Bob Conaway makes a lousy passenger, he talks too much! Finish his boat so he can drive vice holding on nervously!!!! LOL
Bryan

boldts
03-24-2001, 10:59 PM
Guys,
I only have one thing to say: "A BAD day on the water is better than a great day at work any time!!" Bryan, good to hear everything functioned properly. Keep her together. We still have 6 weeks until Lake Cumberland.

Scott Boldt

Bryan Tuvell
03-24-2001, 11:07 PM
Hey Scott, I will try, my first mate wife wasn't with me today, she was meeting the new neighbors instead, I missed her on the boat today, and in the chop her SLOW DOWN scream is often needed!!!!!

We are ready for KY, three of our foursome boated today and after dinner we chatted about the route, it now appears we will take 58 to 85 and then 40 accross. SO SEE when all others are busy doing something else, us VA boys are talking about KY, BUT one of them needs to go to the Well Craft garage before he makes this big trip..... and if not a WellCraft mechanic a Donzi Dealer! Now theres an idea!!!!

Bryan

DONZIMAN2
03-25-2001, 02:54 PM
Thanks Bryan, I had a great time. The old boat looked and ran great after the lay-up. Tell Nanc I said Hi. 1May is that much closer.

Originally posted by Bryan Tuvell:
Well I fired the ZX up today, she fired instantly! http://www.donzi.net/ubb/wink.gif
So, 65 degrees, small craft warning in the bay and Broad Bay was very windy and choppy. Top speed today on my boat was 65.3 on GPS, 65 speedo, and under the conditions was fast enough. It was actually hard to focus on trimming or tabs or stereo etc, the wheel required two hands today....
Bad luck was on the Scarab, overheating problem, and my other bud backed into a crab pot before the day ended!
So we actually did little boating. But it was fun regardless, I am happy the merc fired right away.
Met up with a guy from Off Shore Only in a 28 Powerquest, a very nice and impressive boat!
So that was my day, maybe the next one will be better.
Oh, hey Donzi factory guys, Bob Conaway makes a lousy passenger, he talks too much! Finish his boat so he can drive vice holding on nervously!!!! LOL
Bryan