PDA

View Full Version : The '67 BarrelBack is finally home!!!

Boat_Mon
07-16-2002, 08:59 PM
Well, after driving for 14 hours to go pick her up from Eddie out of Point Pleasant, NJ.(he did meet me half way) the 18' '67 2+3 Barrelback is home. Her rounded lines are beautiful, the interior is fantastic and the re-power is top-notch. Pics of the boat are coming. I'm going with some buddies up to the "Sip & Dip" in Algonac, MI this weekend (Lake Huron). I'm sure I'll get some great Pictures there also, I'll post those too! This is Great!!

-Finally got my Donzi

BERTRAM BOY
07-16-2002, 09:07 PM
What is the hull number ?

BERTRAM BOY :D :D :D

green16
07-16-2002, 09:08 PM
Congratulations. Many years of good luck with her.

Boat_Mon
07-16-2002, 09:31 PM
Bertram,

Not sure on that Hull number. The one that was assigned to it via NJ. DMV is NJZ12464. This was assigned because one couldn't be located on the Hull when is was purchased in '88 for the restoration. I will be getting it on the Donzi Registry this week or next!

Sagbay32
07-16-2002, 10:31 PM
Congratulations Kevin,

I will be in Daytona til the 20th, after that I wanna reserve a ride! I will have to stop by next week to check her out.

Mike

McGary911
07-17-2002, 12:24 AM
Congrats on the sweet boat. I checked Eddie's boat about 8 months ago. Beautiful barrell back. I decided to collect a few more rolls of pennies till i can get a 22, but that boat was on my short list of 18s. Best of luck with it. BTW, did you take the alpha or the ss drive with it??

Boat_Mon
07-17-2002, 06:57 AM
Mike,

No problem, let me know when you get back from Daytona, we'll take her out! I'm also working on becoming a sweep boat for the APBA Hydroplane races in Detroit next year and the races down in Cleveland this year. Can't do all that work alone ya know!!

McGary,

yes, of course I had to get the SS Drive, very cool.

Also, I have to say, Eddie :cool: (whom I bought the boat from) is quite a stand up guy. He hasn't just dumped the boat on me and said good luck. He made it a point to make sure I have his personal Cell number and home number in the event I run into any type of mechanical problem out on the water or otherwise. He is definitely standing behind his work. This is one of those things that makes you feel even more sure of the decision you made to purchase from him.

boldts
07-17-2002, 09:27 AM
Congratulations! Can't wait to see her at a Donzi gathering in MI or maybe even in Cleveland this year. You know, you need to schedule a May gathering at Lake Cumberland, KY. AOTH III (http://www.mwdonziclub.com) Dates to be announced once I get back into the planning mode. Having to much fun enjoying summer right now though. Welcome to the family. :)

olredalert
07-17-2002, 10:55 AM
Just starting to get a handle on Harsens and Algonac,but not familiar with the "sip and dip".Elaborate and we will try to meet up on Sat.............just.......ol red!

Boat_Mon
07-17-2002, 12:30 PM
***Ol'red*** The sip&dip is just a boaters get together at the Algonac Harbour Club 1999 Tremble rd. Algonac. Saturday is a big Pig Roast at the Marina, Just a big party, 6 bucks covers all the food you can eat. Of course all the boating you can handle.

***Boldts***Michigan Gathering???? Where? When? and as far as Kentucky goes, for the past 8 years my wife and I have planned every year house boat trips down there, we usually go the last weekend in June though. I think we can bump that up!!

It's gonna be cool finally meeting up with some of you guys and checking out your setups.

Ranman
07-17-2002, 12:39 PM
Boat_Mon, It looks like I'm trying to get some Donzi folks together this weekend on Saturday July 20. I'm not sure where we'll meet or hang out, but I suspect it will be somewhere like Deckers, Gull Island, Muscamoot Bay or all of the above. Be sure to follow the St. Clair thread in this section.

Boat_Mon
07-17-2002, 01:07 PM
Ranman

That sounds pretty good, I was going to put in at Algonac and head down. As you see above one of my buddies is going to be at a big shindig in Algonac. I need to get the boat out there and put some hours on it, get used to it, all that stuff. I'll talk to my better half and see if she would be up for the riding in St. Clair. I'll try to hook up with you guys. Shoot me a cell # when you get a chance and I'll find you if I'm down there. I'm not real familiar with where everything (islands and all) are. I am planning on picking up some charts and learning the whole area!!! Thanks for dropping a line, I am really looking forward to gettin out there with you guys!!!!

See you soon!!