PDA

View Full Version : Question for Jaroot?

Riley
07-12-2001, 07:05 AM
Jamie, I noticed in another post that you are looking to have your prop re-worked, but didn't want to give up any seat time while the wheel was away. Would you like to borrow one of my spares until your prop gets back? What size prop are you running now? I've got 3 extra SS props sitting on a shelf in the garage, you're welcome to any of them until you get your regular prop back. Let me know!

jaroot
07-12-2001, 07:11 AM
Riley,

Thanks for the offer, i might just take you up on that. Right now i am spinning a 19P Vengence.. 14 1/4 diameter i assume? probably more like 14 1/8 at the moment. I'm still considering a nice 6 hour drive friday after work, if i make it up this weekend we can maybe do some experimenting.

Riley
07-12-2001, 07:22 AM
Hey, it would be great if you could make the trip! The weather is supposed to be beautiful this weekend, too. C'mon Jamie, what's a 6 hour drive on a Friday evening when you get to spend the weekend in Les Cheneaux?

I've got a 19" Vengeance on the shelf, as well as a couple of 21" props I think you might find fun. I'd bet that Michigan Wheel 21" Ballistic would really make your 16 get up and fly!

Let me know what you want to do, and if you make it up this weekend you can try all of these props and see what you think.

jaroot
07-12-2001, 10:10 AM
Is that Michigan Wheel better than a Mirage? what are the differences? what would i lose in RPM going to it from a 19 Vengence? That's one thing i havn't done is much prop shopping and comparison. Dont know a whole lot about Michigan Wheels... guess if i plan on going i should get plates for the trailer eh... don't want to have my trip interrupted by any of michigan's finest.

Riley
07-12-2001, 10:17 AM
Jamie, it's a totally different type of prop. The tips of the blades are squared off and are cupped, the thing gives a ton of lift. I also have a 21" Mirage if you'd like to try that.

Yes, trailer plates would be a bonus! I drive about 1000 miles a week for work, and i can tell you from experience that I-75 from Grayling to the Bridge is "trooper central" on a Friday evening.