PDA

View Full Version : New Donzi ...... ???

Mark Albers
07-15-2002, 09:14 PM
Donzi Aficionados :)

I was down by the city ramp
and look what I spied on

http://www.donzi.net/photos/dnz10.jpg

http://www.donzi.net/photos/dnz11.jpg

Mark 311 :cool:
Sarasota - - - W F O (close to the factory and far from a dream)

Last Tango
07-15-2002, 10:22 PM
And THAT, my friends is the new 38ZR

Mark Albers
07-15-2002, 10:56 PM
Last but not least TANGO :)

I always wondered what it would be like to live in northern Italy next to the Ferrari factory

Oh well ...

See you on the left coast this weekend
Beware of the retirees
(they have pegged my company van 3 times already

Mark 311 :cool:
Sarasota - - - W F O (close to the factory and far from a dream)

DON N.
07-16-2002, 07:40 AM
He must use 2 differant trucks.

Tidbart
07-16-2002, 08:34 PM
Sweeeeet!

Last Tango
07-16-2002, 09:10 PM
Don N.,
At first glance back I was in agreement about the two different trucks. But then I looked a lot closer and the upper picture is in fact a wide fender dually just like the bottom. Tailights the same, bed cover the same. I think the glare in the upper picture washes out the fender flare, and whatever is on the piling covers up the dual rear tires on the left.
But, then maybe you are right and I am wrong. Go eye! if you are right. I was never any good at those puzzles that ask you what is different about two pictures. Heck, after my first reply, I wasn't so certain that the boat was a 38ZR but maybe the new 32ZR. All that white hull can be deceiving.

ToonaFish
07-16-2002, 09:27 PM
Staggered motors? Why'd they disguise one as a pelican? Better aerodynamics?

Two different trucks.

Bunches,

Celene 'a Chevy kind of gal'

ToonaFish
07-16-2002, 10:26 PM
No fenders in this pic either...

http://www.donzi.net/photos/dnz13.jpg

Perhaps they launched with the single axle truck, and recovered with the Dually? The photos are fenderless when taken from the water, fendered when the photographer was on land.

'Natch it's the same trailer. What are we betting for?

Bunches,

Celene 'does Heidi know about Allison?'

2biguns
07-17-2002, 12:39 PM
Might that be Robert Nelems' (Magic Float) new baby? Here are a couple of pix from OSO:

http://www.offshoreonly.com/forum/attachment.php?s=&postid=306644
http://www.offshoreonly.com/forum/attachment.php?s=&postid=306645

BERTRAM BOY
07-17-2002, 08:06 PM
Okay,
I'll bite, Why are the twin engines staggered? I know they can fit side by side.
BERTRAM BOY :D :D :D

mattyboy
07-17-2002, 08:14 PM
Cliff,
how've ya been

my guess would be COG btw my COG keeps getting closer to the floor

it's red and white a CLASSIC

Matt

Moody Blu'
07-17-2002, 08:19 PM
maybe the engines are staggered so that both drives are closer to each other so there fore they can bite a bit lower on the hull to get the hull out of the water more wink
p.s.
its the same truck

harbormaster
07-17-2002, 08:20 PM
I would think the reason for staggered is to be able to put the drives closer together and distribute some the engine weight further forward.

Moody Blu'
07-17-2002, 08:24 PM
I take it the headers were nto installed yet on the left side motor? though I do see some sort of header on that motor? or is it hoses?

I bet the motor set up looks that much sicker with all the show chrome headers installed....

I dont even see cut outs for the left side motors thru hull...

boldts
07-18-2002, 12:34 AM
Wow, if that's Robert's new 38ZR, I can't wait until May in KY. He wanted to bring the boat this year, but it wasn't finished being built yet. $20 bucks probably doesn't go as far as it does in my 22, but I'd pay Robert the money just to sit in the boat and have my picture taken! :D

DON N.
07-18-2002, 07:13 AM
MY MISTAKE

Digger
07-18-2002, 08:53 AM
beautiful boat...and I love the graphics!!

Rootsy
07-18-2002, 09:10 AM
same truck... you can see the highlight from the sun on the top of the fender flare in both photos... as well as what the others have pointed out...

but hey... just my perspective... wink

man ya gotta LOVE staggered supercharged BBC's...

ThrillSeeker
07-18-2002, 09:15 AM
They are stagered to help w/ the center of gravity. The boat wont have the center of gravity in the back, it will be farther up, alowing the stern to rise out of the water more.
They handle alot better at running speed, but trying to dock one is not fun!!

BERTRAM BOY
07-18-2002, 03:19 PM
The COG may be farther forward, but it is also higher in the boat........CDMA, Where are you?
On vacation ?.......Still?

Formula Jr
07-18-2002, 03:48 PM
M@ny re@sons for st@ggered engines:
E@sier to work on, tune etc.
You c@n tighten the be@m
Center Line "Keel" COG is better
Drives @re closer to the keel
They look cool........
Stress lo@ding on the engine mounts @nd stringers is spre@d out more.
They Look Cool..........

BERTRAM BOY
07-18-2002, 04:36 PM
Yeah,
But Owen, Do you think they look cool?

Last Tango
07-19-2002, 06:54 AM
Hmmmmm. It is a puzzle. A cunundrum. Outside, the stern has two exhaust tips that we can see. Inside, only the starboard engine has its right side header hooked up all the way to the transom. I KNOW! Two different boats? (Some are arguing the two trucks thing still.) Donzi has built these boats on purpose to foil and confuse its competitors...

Magic Float
07-19-2002, 11:06 AM
It's my 38ZR,getting it next week after the dealer meeting to do a poker run on Smith Lake Sat. Not dialed in just yet,will do it here later. About 95 gps so far and banging the rev limiters,we hope to see 100 when we are finished.