PDA

View Full Version : Newbie here - thinking about a 275 Medallion / LXC

Jamie B.
07-15-2002, 03:31 PM
Hello everyone -

First post here, looking at purchasing a 275Medallion / LXC around my area . . did a search, didnt find much, other than a possible porpoising issue and a somewhat lack of fit and finish . . both subjective issues, I guess. I test drove / rode this particular 1996 that I'm looking at and it didnt seem to have any issues.

It does have, however, 2 re-glassed over holes that seem to have originally been the drainage holes for the bilge in the midsection, on the starboard hullside. It looks like the factory refigured that the holes should be further forward, towards the bow, as there are 2 exact sized holes further up towards the bow.

These re-glassed over holes are beginning to crack so there will be problems fairly soon if not re-done. I spoke with Frank at the factory, and he said to take pictures of it and send in an estimate of the re-pair cost and he will take it to management further up to see if they will pay for the repair of the re-glass, but he made no promises.

Anyone else have this ? This particular 275 seems to be one of the first 1996's.

Any other opinions about the 275 Medallion / LXC ?

Thanks in advance for your response :)

Dr. Dan
07-16-2002, 05:39 AM
Just My Opinion, Hold out for a Classic, no holes, no B.S, Just Style and Performance...what a concept! :cool: ...Doc

Formula Jr
07-16-2002, 12:57 PM
also be aware that this boat is a Searay with a different name. wink

Staffan Berg
07-16-2002, 02:56 PM
I am with Doc
Go fo a Classic 22 - It turn heads

Maximus
07-16-2002, 06:05 PM
i have a 255 lxc (medallian) pile of junk if you ask me! , if you really want one there not that bad but, beware of the fact they have too much weight for the amount of power that was placed in it. my neihbor at my marina has a 275, he loves it! according to what i was told the 275 was the replacement for mine a 95 255 lxc. if you live near new england i would gladly sell you mine. looking for a classic! 20,000.00 and its MINT!