PDA

View Full Version : Les Cheneaux Islands, MI-this weekend!

Riley
07-10-2001, 04:39 PM
Hey guys, just a reminder that we are going to be doing our Donzi Blast this coming weekend here in the Les Cheneuax Islands in Northern Michigan. Since the responses we have had so far have been a bit limited, we are going to scale back on a lot of "official" type events and just concentrate on some good boating.

Anybody that chooses to come up Friday night is welcome to join us "locals" for an evening cruise. On Saturday we will meet at the Hessel Marina and do a cruise/tour through the Islands, with the possibility of pulling up on one of the beaches for a lunch and "refreshments". Later Saturday night we will be at the Islander Bar in Hessel for drinks and a live band. Sunday will be open to suggestions, if anybody still feels like hitting the channels.

The weather for the weekend is supposed to be clear and sunny, with a high Saturday of 78 and 82 on Sunday. The evenings up here are cool and generally require a sweatshirt or light jacket.

There has been some concern expressed about low water levels here in Northern Lake Huron, but I can assure you there is more than enough water. As long as you stay in the channels and away from obvious hazards! I will brief everybody both Friday and Saturday as to which areas to avoid.

I currently have several dock spaces reserved in Hessel, so if you think you might want one please let me know by Thursday night. I'll be turning any un-reserved slips back over to the Harbormistress on Friday morning.

So Tony, Ranman, Jaroot, Blackhawk, and the rest of you Michigan guys, I hope to meet you this weekend! If you need any more info drop me a line at the email adress below.

Thanks,

Chris Riley
rpmco@lighthouse.net

Riley
07-11-2001, 02:22 PM
I will also have several stainless props and installation hardware available if anybody would like to try a different prop on their rig. We can do this Sat. morn at the Hessel marina.

Tony
07-11-2001, 10:45 PM
Chris,

Just got back from Sin City, an awesome place for those that have never experienced it. My best bet was putting money on the Red Wings to bring the cup back to Motown, at 8-1 odds.
Count me in this weekend, we'll be arriving Friday evening around 6 or so. The itinerary sounds great, and if it's not too late a slip would probably be more convenient than dropping in and out, although I don't mind that either. I'm bringing my better half and my 15 yr. old son, with a buddy, who will want to spend some time fishing (but NOT from the Donzi!) See ya soon!