PDA

View Full Version : Need purchasing info on Classic 18

Sagbay32
07-10-2001, 02:27 PM
I am looking at buying a 1995 Classic 18, with a 350 mag and a alpha outdrive. Any sites to look for specifications? Can anyone give me anything to look for when inspecting it (like problem areas). I have been into boating for some time but this is the first time my Wife let me look at a Donzi for purchase. I am kinda new at the Donzi thing, but I am looking forward to getting bit by this bug. http://www.donzi.net/ubb/biggrin.gif
Thanks
Mike in Michigan

RedDog
07-10-2001, 02:36 PM
Your wife has screwed up now! After I looked at one I had to buy it. Maybe your wife has a plan like mine did. I got the Donzi - she got her new kitchen (at almost 3X the cost of the Donzi). http://www.donzi.net/ubb/wink.gif

Enjoy!

------------------
Reddog
mailto:tsfloyd@bigfoot.comtsfloyd@bigfoot.com</A>

RickR
07-10-2001, 04:01 PM
Carefully check the rigging and hull straightness. Top and bottom.

I bought a 95 last year and rerigged 80% of hardware (no bedding compound).

2800 lbs
Deep V
36gallon tank
With a 350 Mag around 60MPH

------------------
RICKR
mailto:riggerb@aol.comriggerb@aol.com</A>

Riley
07-10-2001, 04:15 PM
Hey Mike, what is the guy asking for the 95 18'? Also, is it on a trailer, and if so, what kind? I've got a 99 18 Classic, and I'm giving some thought to selling and moving up to something a bit bigger. I'm just curious as to what types of prices the 18's are going for here in Michigan.

Good luck on whatever you decide to purchase!

Sagbay32
07-10-2001, 06:16 PM
Originally posted by Riley:
Hey Mike, what is the guy asking for the 95 18'? Also, is it on a trailer, and if so, what kind? I've got a 99 18 Classic, and I'm giving some thought to selling and moving up to something a bit bigger. I'm just curious as to what types of prices the 18's are going for here in Michigan.

Good luck on whatever you decide to purchase!

I am thinking twice about the purchase now. I think I would rather have a more versitile boat at this point in my life. There is just no room on that boat. Maybe when I retire and don't have to worry about wanting to take people out with me.
The boat is perfect as far as I see. It has 95 hours on it and is $18,000 (I have talked them down to $16,000) It has an Eagle trailer in great shape as well.

Thanks for all the replies.
Mike