PDA

View Full Version : Stereo setup.

Kikwear
07-09-2001, 11:03 PM
My 16 has no tunes. I would like to keep it as OEM as possible, so if someone could provide names of stereo and/or speakers and/or pictures of factory installed equipment, I'd appreciate it. Damn I love this thing!

------------------
1997 Classic 16 5.7 Alpha One
White with red stripe

jaroot
07-10-2001, 07:45 AM
I have the same boat as you way it sounds... cept i have tunes... is your boat a wrap around or a 2 + 2 seating config? left side of dash using a maxim installation kit i have a kenwood CD player - detachable face and 2 kenwood marine speakers, one on either side of the the cockpit just in front of the rear seat. Boat came that way from the previous owner but i havn't had any issues with it and i've been under the dash and it looks pretty clean as far as installation. i could go for 4 speakers, maybe another upgrade in the near future.. but i have ABSOLUTELY no issue with skipping cd's... that is if you can even hear em at anything above idle............

Kikwear
07-10-2001, 12:41 PM
It's a 2+2. Do you have silent choice? I'm doing the Corsa Captain's call soon.

------------------
White with red stripe

Sagbay32
07-12-2001, 12:26 PM
Hey kikwear,
Any place to look for corsa prices online? Is it a hard install for the do it yourselfer?

Mike

Kikwear
07-12-2001, 01:13 PM
You have to call them to get a quote because you have to provide all the info for your boat. www.corsaperf.com (http://www.corsaperf.com) is the place to get the number. As for the install, I'll let you know whenever I get around to ordering it. http://www.donzi.net/ubb/smile.gif

------------------
White with red stripe

Captain's Call coming very soon...

jaroot
07-12-2001, 01:54 PM
nope, no silent choice.. don't care for any really, it just packs more stuff into the engine compartment. The boat really isnt loud at idle, it;s when you're going and the wind is blowing by and the motor is screaming...

avk
07-15-2001, 05:36 PM
I have Classic 18 and I bought a system from West Marine with Bose speakers. The radio head fits into a cutout in the dash of about 21/2 inches by 7 inches. The speakers are real neat, they are fully self contained from the elements and can be mounted from one side if you do not have access to the back side.
Alan