PDA

View Full Version : Manifolds and Risers ....... HELP !!!

Mark Albers
07-15-2002, 12:30 PM
Donzi Aficionados :)

I am ready to change my manifold and risers

What do your recomend (EMI, Stainless Marine, Gil, etc...) ???

Better yet...
What do you recommend for a 454 OMC

Any problems with installation or performance ???

Thanks for all your help

Mark 311 :cool:
Sarasota - - - W F O (close to the factory and far from a dream)

Jamesbon
07-15-2002, 01:05 PM
I wouldn't go with anything other than Stainless Marine. Unless of course you want to dump big $$ on CMI headers.

Forrest
07-15-2002, 04:04 PM
All the above mentioned are much better than the cast iron that they replace. Stainless Marine has the best warranty of all those mentioned, and GILs are very well designed.

I run both Stainless Marine small-block exhaust in one boat, and GIL small-block exhaust in my X-18, and I can't really can't say that one is better than he other. The GILs have longer primarys than the Stainless Marines (not true for Nate's Gen IIIs though), but both systems' primarys are very short and "manifold like" for the most part. On the other hand, the Stainless Marines suppose to last longer than the GILs, but who really knows.

Your biggest performance improvement with an aftermarket aluminum exhaust system over iron manifolds on a stock setup will come from the 200 lb. or more weight reduction in the boat. That's like throwing a big guy over-board!

How about a complete Hardin P-1000 Offshore Exhaust System with long tail-pipes in near near-new condition for $750? These have longer primaries than any cast manifolds except KEs or Gen IIIs. Sorry, they don't work with Silent Choice or through hub.

HELLERBOY
07-15-2002, 05:09 PM
Mark
I have Gil,(work good)the hatch was cut too fit them(have the 460king)when they go, I'll spend the $$ for headers. Just my .2cents

clayman
07-15-2002, 05:25 PM
I bought Stainless marine exhaust, it is very nice, and looks awesome. Ask for Brownie, He gave me a discount for being a Donzi.net dude.

BigGrizzly
07-15-2002, 08:44 PM
Like Nate said Stainles Marine or big bucks CMI my next set will be Stainles Marine. Besides the best warranty in the buisiness especially since you won't have to use it.

Randy

Mark Albers
07-15-2002, 09:30 PM
Donzi Aficionados

I checked with EMI
Their system - Anodized Aluminum maniflods with polihed stainless risers = $1,300

Stainless Marine - Anodized aluminum manifold with stainless risers = $1,500

The guy at CP performance said that he has actualy had customers who said they loss performance with EMI

Does Brownie work their ???
If so
How do I contact him ???

Does anybody have pictures of their set ups ???

Thanks guys

Mark 311 :cool:
Sarasota - - - W F O (close to the factory and far from a dream)