PDA

View Full Version : Seat mount help please!!!

blackhawk
07-08-2001, 12:20 AM
The mount that goes around the post on my 95 Classic 22' is cracked. It cracked two years ago and I had no luck finding a replacement so I JB welded it. Well, it is cracked again (not where I JB welded it either) and I would like to replace it if I can find one. It looks like Springfield makes it. It has the spring loaded lever in the front to slide forward or back and the twist handle that clamps the post on the side for the swivel. Anyone have an idea where to find them?

Donzitester
07-08-2001, 08:45 AM
Yes, Donzi stock's them, call Carston Coopman
at Donzi customer service. He took Donnie's
position.

RickR
07-08-2001, 10:01 AM
blackhawk
I was not happy with the Springfield seat slides on me 95 22 so I upgraded to the Garelick Millennium 2000 Pedistal slides (Spiders)Boat U/S or West Marine.

I used the original pedestals and had to modify (sand) the black plastic bushing to fit. The Springfield pedestal is about 1/8" larger in diameter.

The Garlicks are much better. Less slop, easier to adjust and much more corrosion resistant. http://www.donzi.net/ubb/biggrin.gif

If you want to use Garlick's pedestal, you're in for a BIG project. The rigger @ Donzi did not line my seats up with the helm http://www.donzi.net/ubb/mad.gif so I moved them abeam (out) 2". The old machine screws were hard to get out (there is a nut and washer below the deck that you cannot get to).

To install the new pedestal you'll need to get some "Toggler Bolt Anchors". They are tough to install because the area below the seats is foamed and the stringers are very close.
BTW The large hole you drill for the togglers needs to be sealed with epoxy.

------------------
RICKR
mailto:riggerb@aol.comriggerb@aol.com</A>

[This message has been edited by RickR (edited 07-08-2001).]

blackhawk
07-11-2001, 05:18 PM
RickR, thanks for the advice! I just picked up two garelick sliders and they are MUCH better built than the springfields. But the plastic inserts seem to fit on my post ok. Maybe a little tight at the very top, I'll have to look a little closer. Thanks again!