PDA

View Full Version : Bayville Radar Shootout

FJB20
07-13-2002, 01:54 PM
Ladies & Gentlemen you were right all along--I've seen him in action and he truly needs Professional
Help -- GEOOO that is -- What a Show -- The man Went 92MPH with a Broken Blower Belt -- My Jaw Dropped When I saw 18 Feet of Plastic Goin that Fast - George You are "THE MAN"
Please Call 1-800-Shrink Congrats -- Great Run

Shanghied Again
07-13-2002, 05:05 PM
Gongradulations Geo! Yes his second year in a row and the Trophy is his (1st) Place :D

FlatRacer, aka BarrelBack
07-13-2002, 05:59 PM
He was the fastest in his class, even with a broken blower belt! He was definitely the fastest looking boat on the course when you consider the scale of his boat compared to the huge monsters that were there. To my eye, the boat that's twice as long looks like it's only going half as fast. That's why I say he was the speediest lookin' little pumpkin seed on the pond! :p
Way to go George!

Eric :)

Scott Pearson
07-13-2002, 08:30 PM
Yup...George does it again. George, sorry I didnt get to say goodbye. I had to get up North. Hope to talk with you soon.

Congrads!!!!!!

(NJ)Scott

GEOO
07-14-2002, 04:46 PM
Thanks Guys,
Scott, I figured you had to go and I went back to the ramp to take the boat out. My on-board video cam worked great. I'll post some when I have time. The coarse was a little rough so I went down the "shoot" at 80 mph then it calmed down at the end. By the time I got on the gas I was already at the radar boat. I pasted the radar boat at around 100 mph but he only can shoot the boat while it is coming at him 92 mph. After looking at the video I was reving 6800rpm and the speedo was right around 100 so the belts must have broken when I backed off the throttle. I was double checking every thing the night before the radar run and my power steering belt was a little loose so I tightened it up. I thought I may have done it too tight and I guess I did. The power Steering belt snapped and took out the Blower belt then the Alternator belt. The boat still ran. So I only made one pass. The condition may have looked calm but not from my seat...

Ted S
07-14-2002, 08:40 PM
Congratulation Geoo,
Nice run! It did'nt look easy, especially when you entered the shoot, it looked like you hit a wake and shot out high and to the left. You made a great recovery, super job!!
Ted S

FJB20
07-14-2002, 09:02 PM
Belts are Belts -- You made My day and an Awful Lot of Other People's --
GREAT RUN -- You are "THE MAN"
1-800-SHRINK

ToonaFish
07-14-2002, 09:36 PM
OUR HERO!!!! Great congratulations and promise no more belt tightening measures in the future!

Bunches,

Celene 'I hate rain, I hate rain, I hate rain'

GEOO
07-15-2002, 08:13 PM
Here's a photo I took off my On Board Video Cam during the Radar Shoot Out. I finally got ok water at the end of the radar shoot while passing the Radar Boat. http://www.donzi.net/photos/gdesmond05.jpg

mattyboy
07-15-2002, 09:01 PM
GEOO,
I think you should just be known as

GO!

great job !

Matt

McGary911
07-16-2002, 05:36 PM
a quote from a thread on this radar shootout from OSO: "That little Donzi was scary fast. Great way to start the day."

:D :D :D

GEOO
07-17-2002, 05:10 AM
FJB20,
I think I need one more number to call.
1-(800)-Shrink
747-765?

call me cell(203)258-5222

boldts
07-17-2002, 10:49 AM
Go,
Just add an S to that phone number! You may be in need of more than 1 anyway! :D
You bring new meaning to the word AWESOME! You give all Donzi owners a place to hang our hats. Your performance along with the 38ZR in Offshore Racing is bringing Donzi back to a leadership position in performance boating. BTW, Arneson stock has tripled in the last week. Everyone wants and needs one! :)