PDA

View Full Version : Question About Corsicans

MLerner
09-10-2002, 01:46 PM
Does anyone know how many Corsicans are still on the water? How do they compare, hull performance-wise, with say a Classic 18?

BigGrizzly
09-10-2002, 06:40 PM
I own one. I think there are at least 18 afloatthat I know of, and several in hiding. Hull is the same as the std classic. The Corsican is heavier by 250 pounds. The buckets are closer to the center of the boat(less room between the seats) so pasinger weight is less noticable. This also makes it a drier ride because the water just misses you most of the time. Performance of a stock one is on par with a classic of the same age. Most were Volvo drives, some were Mercs, and a few were V-Drives with 427 Fords. Jon and Kathy S have one of these boats. A real nice and beautiful boat. Mine has Holman & Moody 351 Ford Cleavland in it. Speed wise my boat is on par with he late model 350 mag classics. My motor internals are not stock!

Randy, owner of Donzis since 1966.

Formula Jr
09-10-2002, 07:37 PM
My motor internals are not stock!That's pretty much a given with any of your boats Randy. :D

MLerner
09-11-2002, 11:41 AM
Thanks Big Grizzly for a wonderful, detailed reply. Lucky you to own one. I saw the picture in the model list and flipped at how beautiful that boat is. Would love to find one. That, and the fact that my mother is Corsican (born in Bastia) -- which makes me half Corsican! A Corsican should have a Corsican, don't you think? If you hear of one needing resoration, let me know!