PDA

View Full Version : No Hornet II for me

WOT-sup
07-12-2002, 09:18 PM
Well, it's a done deal. The Hornet II is sold, but I'm NOT the new owner. :( The 'other guy' got it for something 'substantially more' than my final bid. Congratulations to the new owner! Apparently he has been drooling over this particular boat for years, probably better that he got it rather than me waltzing in at the last minute.

For those of you who cross the bridge at Coco Plum circle....the 'Gables Waterway Donzi' has a new owner and will moving for the 1st time in about 10 years! :) From my brief inspection of this boat on a rainy day, once you get past the dirt, this boat is mostly in better shape than you'd think. Prime refurb candidate, it is going to be sweet when complete.

Will try to get in touch with the new guy and try to get him to join, if he's not familiar.

The good news...about to get serious about making progress on the 18' that has been in my garage for a year and a half! :D

What a trip these past few weeks have been since this boat got on my agenda. "Obsessed" said the wife. Life to return to normal, best I can figure.

Dalelama
07-13-2002, 08:08 AM
I'm AMAZED! eek! eek!
Scott & I have been staring at that boat for YEARS!
Looking foward to seeing it float again... where's it going?

boldts
07-13-2002, 11:04 AM
Is Scott Pearson or Chris Allard in the area? :D

RH
07-13-2002, 03:52 PM
I think that we have all had that sinking feeling before. Looking forward to getting a prized possessions only to lose out in the end. You just have to figure that it was not meant to be. I have seen this before many times when the other guy that got the item soon finds out that it wasn't what he thought it was. You may be surprised that he may change his mind in 6 months. Get to know him and find out what his plans are. Good luck and enjoy that 18!
RH

Scott Pearson
07-13-2002, 08:28 PM
Laughing.....Chris and I where not in the area. Also....the only Hornet that I want is a Bench Seat. I will not settle...

(NJ)Scott