PDA

View Full Version : Cliff!!! Dont just stand there jump in and get my boat!!!!

Scott Pearson
09-09-2002, 06:49 PM
Ahhhhh....a great photo that will not be forgotten. This is Chris's boat floating by itself while running....Seems Chris needs some ramp time.

Gotta love it!!!

http://www.donzi.net/photos/spear100.jpg

(NJ)Scott

BERTRAM BOY
09-09-2002, 07:00 PM
I finally got some seat time in Chris' boat.
The pic(and Pearson) pretty much says it all.......
BERTRAM BOY :D :D :D

Last Tango
09-09-2002, 07:42 PM
Hey HP500-22 (Ted)! Lookie here! Somebody did the remote control boat thing in 1:1 scale! Nice details! No antenna, although I believe it is still coiled up in the engine compartment which is why the engine cover is slightly ajar. Maybe you two can race your 'motes at next year's AOTH!

BERTRAM BOY
09-09-2002, 07:47 PM
Actually, It's the invisible man piloting.
Hey, at least he's wearing his Lifeline!!!!!

CDMA
09-09-2002, 07:56 PM
Should I say it....nahhhhhhh Cliff would kill me

HP 600SC
09-09-2002, 08:54 PM
LastTango...Good one! I did order that trick steering wheel today...it will be here tomm.
Can't wait to put it on, it will match the dash, guages, grab handles and more! Thank's for the help in getting it!!
Ted M.

mattyboy
09-09-2002, 09:02 PM
the better shot was Cliff strataling the 2 boats,
thought he was going in.

Matt

Formula Jr
09-09-2002, 09:13 PM
LOL!!!!!

Now how did THAT happen.... ?? Enquiring minds want to know......

Cliff, Please tell me those are not "Snacks" taking up the back bench..... :D

CDMA
09-09-2002, 09:19 PM
Ok Mr. Baxter Bodygaurd...

You see it just is that I am so skinny compared to our curvaceous friend you just can’t see me….

Chris

CDMA
09-09-2002, 09:27 PM
Well ya see…

I usually unload the boat myself so I have a little system that usually works well for me…until 6 people are around.

I get the boat all ready to go in and back the truck in to a certain depth. So then since my engine with its chokeless double pumper is allergic to running cold I get in the boat while it is still on the trailer and start up her up nursing it through its grouchiness. So then when we are all nicely idling I walk up the bow and un hook the boat give it a little shove and hop in. Works great.

So this time I unhook the boat and shove…she no go. I shove again…she no go. So I climb my way back up to the cab w/o stepping on the ground cause I am wearing socks and not trying to scratch my deck. So I ease the truck in ever so slowly but…oppps I guess it was a little too much. Over a little dip in the ramp the trailer goes and there goes my boat….she so gracefully slides off the trailer and there she is idling away sans yours truly…out come the digital cameras…

But while we are on this lets take a moment of silence and morn loss of that Home Depot vent that took its last trip this weekend on Cliff boat…well maybe we should mourn the whole boat…

Chris

blackhawk
09-09-2002, 09:40 PM
LMAO. That's the way it always works. Great until people are around. Damn digital cameras! :D

mattyboy
09-09-2002, 09:56 PM
hey S#!+ happens :D

Matt

CDMA
09-09-2002, 10:01 PM
And it floats too...

BERTRAM BOY
09-09-2002, 10:04 PM
Let's see now. A boat floating around by itself, and I'm the first to recover her. Can you say salvage rights?
BERTRAM BOY :p :p :p

mattyboy
09-09-2002, 10:12 PM
eek! eek! eek!
Matt

Dr. Dan
09-09-2002, 10:13 PM
Cliff, I think you have something there :D Maybe with Pearson's Blackmail influence, he'll just give you the 18? :rolleyes: Hmmmmm? How did I miss this great event, was this Sunday a.m.? I am crying, I'm laughing soooo hard, but Chris my feet are on the floor BTW! :D ...Doc

BigGrizzly
09-10-2002, 12:07 AM
Chris, You don't own this story, I've been there too. I have a roller trailer, so you have to be quick to do the Jump Deck Walk trick. The time I did it the couple next to me laughing at me did it too! Then asked me to get their boat while I was swiming. I did think about ancoring their boat for them. I did however take my time retreving the boats, no traffic on the ramp at this time. After all you need everything ship shape or stuff will fly out of the boat-oops. End of story.

Randy owner of Donzis since 1966

Scott Pearson
09-10-2002, 06:10 AM
Scott,
Thats funny...We where talking about that over the weekend. But I would have to hold the money for Cliff's baot....You know you really dont want all that green being in the wrong hands. Did I mention I'm looking for another boat?

Dan,
I hope your legs where on the floor....I forgot all about that. I will have to add that to the things I lerand at Lake George.
"Dr Dan likes to show off Joey and the two twins"

I will have to post a picture of the great save Cliff did on Chris's boat.

(NJ)Scott

Scott Pearson
09-10-2002, 06:19 AM
Almost forgot...The best part of this photo is Diana trying to figure out the secret combo. to start Cliffs boat.

Lets see.
#1. Eat a sandwich
#2. Reach in rear vent and lower drive.
#3. Eat another sandwich.
#4. Secure feet to floating ski rack.
#5. Eat yet another sandwich.
#6. Move shifter back and forth.
#7. Squerm in seat a little.
#8. Turn key and pray you dont get launched into space.
#9. Fiddle with shifter...and curse.
#10. Curse somemore...then eat another sandwich.

Outta time...gotta head to work.
Chris...you need to finish this ritual.

(NJ)Scott

Dr. Dan
09-10-2002, 07:37 AM
:D :rolleyes: :p :D :cool: eek! wink

waleyetwo
09-10-2002, 07:53 AM
how much did he have to drink? wink

CDMA
09-10-2002, 07:55 AM
That's even scarier. I don't drink till after I am done driving the boat...I don't even have a good excuse :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

HP 600SC
09-10-2002, 08:00 AM
Tough crowd! Tough crowd!
Thats OK Chris, I've had brand new boats slide
off the trailer before they were in the water and bounce off the concreate and slowly grind their way down the ramp. Anyone want me to help back
em in at the next meet?
Ted