PDA

View Full Version : Marine Surveyor in CT...

Woodsy
07-12-2002, 02:05 PM
Hola Fellow Donzi Brothers...

It seems as though in a contagious state I infected a friend of mine with Donzitis. As you know this incurable disease leads to all sorts of strange behavior. Anyway, my "friend" is looking a a 22ZX down in CT. I'll paste the link so you guys can check it out. Anyway, before he buys it I want to have it surveyed, have the engine hours verified etc. Does anyone know of a good marine surveyor or marina down in New Milford CT?

http://www.supportec.com/donzi/

http://adcache.boattraderonline.com/6/1/2/28592812.htm

Thanks again!!

Typhoid Woodsy :D :D

DonRatto
07-12-2002, 02:32 PM
Give me a day or two and I will give you the name of a real good inspector, he checks the boat out and does a sea trial, my dad used to be the service manager down here at one of the Four Winns dealers. I will check with him and get you a name. I met the guy he checked out one of my buddies boat, he is real through, but I don't believe he does any compression checks? Anyways I will get you a name and #

MOP
07-12-2002, 09:57 PM
You got a great lead on getting a surveyor, yard managers know the best. I am a yacht broker, most surveyors do not do real engine checks. One of the best things a guy can do is to go to West marine and pickup an oil sample kit. After your sea trial draw a little engine blood and send it to the lab, everything you need is in the kit. The report will tell you alot, if you have questions call the lab they will explain further.

DonRatto
07-16-2002, 11:39 AM
Woodsy, here is the information that you need:

New England Yacht Services
Buddy Hitchcock
Accredited Marine Surveyer
S.A.M.S N.F.P.A A.B.Y.C
16 Parker Terrace
Essex, CT 06426

Office: (860) 767-7251
Fax: (860) 767-7785
Cell: (860) 388-7887
E-Mail: neyservices@aol.com

If you need anything else send me a e-mail or I will keep looking at the site for updates, hope this helps.

Woodsy
07-16-2002, 11:50 AM
Don...

Thanks a lot!! I forwarded the info to my friend Pete.... he will more than likely be needing it.... he is shooting for having a new one by the winni poker run...

Woodsy :D :D

DonRatto
07-16-2002, 12:46 PM
Thats good I hope he makes out ok, Essex is close to where he is!!!!

DonRatto
07-16-2002, 03:55 PM
Woodsy, one more thing, it cost my buddy about $450 to do the inspection, that was including a sea test, but it was also a 30ft boat with twin screws, so I don't know what the cost would be for the smaller one, but the guy is real good, so just want you to know what it could cost.