PDA

View Full Version : New for 2002 Limited Edition 22 Classic

FASTEDDIE
07-05-2001, 06:01 PM
Well now that Mike Miller has let the cat out of the bag, we can now discuss the new Limited 22 Classic that we have been asking for for three years and its finally here. This new model will be introduced at the July 15th, 2001 Dealer Meeting and shown for the first time as a New 2002 model. What a beauty. With ,white ,blue ,red and silver colors and a Merc HP500 under the rear hatch, this boat will turn heads. Hydraulic steering, K
Planes and liquid Gaffrey guages, this double striped beauty resembles the Shelby
Ford Cobra. And this time a Bravo drive. If you need a special boat ,find out when you can see one of these Baby's. And the second bit of news, the first Limited Edition will be delivered to Lake George to one of our Club members. Donzi Classics Rule!!!!!!!!

------------------
FASTEDDIE

[This message has been edited by FASTEDDIE (edited 07-05-2001).]

RickSE
07-06-2001, 09:52 AM
I'll be at the conference and will get picture if one is there. My dad has been asking about putting a HP500 in a 22 Classic for the past couple of years.

roadtrip2
07-06-2001, 02:19 PM
Originally posted by FASTEDDIE:
Well now that Mike Miller has let the cat out of the bag, we can now discuss the new Limited 22 Classic that we have been asking for for three years and its finally here. This new model will be introduced at the July 15th, 2001 Dealer Meeting and shown for the first time as a New 2002 model. What a beauty. With ,white ,blue ,red and silver colors and a Merc HP500 under the rear hatch, this boat will turn heads. Hydraulic steering, K
Planes and liquid Gaffrey guages, this double striped beauty resembles the Shelby
Ford Cobra. And this time a Bravo drive. If you need a special boat ,find out when you can see one of these Baby's. And the second bit of news, the first Limited Edition will be delivered to Lake George to one of our Club members. Donzi Classics Rule!!!!!!!!

Fast Eddie is right. Mike Miller swore me to secrecy at the AOTH on this project after I asked him about why there was no 500HP available for the 22 Classic.
A couple of more details. The boat is very nicely striped in paint with no decals. It looks very slick. Donzi letters painted on the hatch and sides with the lion/dolphin logo done tastefully over the stripe on the front deck, near the windshield.
The seats reflect the color stripes of the paint, slightly taller backs, and custom stiched. The dash panel is replaced with platnium, tilt bezel monster gaffrigs mounted individualy with miltary quality toggles. Flush mounted pop up cleats. Anondized blue grab handles in front and back. You'll need them!
The 500HP is reflected in real aluminum diamond plate and mounted on red anondized mounts. CMI headers with muffler inserts, no switchable exhaust. K-planes and Latham single ram hydraulics. No room on the dash for tab indicators or depth guage; wouldn't want to spoil the beauty any way.
Looks like a beautiful piece of machinery...
Now that price on the other hand.... we're gonna have to talk a little on that one Mike Miller. You guys are going to the like this one, I guarentee it!!! Todd

[This message has been edited by roadtrip2 (edited 07-06-2001).]