PDA

View Full Version : What prop is next?

EricG
07-04-2001, 11:13 AM
Well, I've been prop testing all year - and I'm going the wrong direction....The boat is a 1988 Z21 - 350Mag/Alpha - approximately 3000# dry weight.

20 pitch Cleaver - 4500RPM 58MPH Speedo
21 pitch Mirage+ - 4100RPM 51MPH Speedo
19 pitch Mirage+ - 4400RPM 47MPH Speedo

I know these numbers are not great with the speedo - but I haven't dropped the money for a GPS yet.

Also, the Cleaver has NO holeshot, and doesn't hold real well, the Mirage's hold increadible, and the 19 is a rocket out of the hole!!

Any ideas on what to try next for a high speed prop? I know I can use the Mirage's if I want to cruise - but I've gotta believe there is a faster prop that the cleaver on my boat...

Thanks!!

EG

[This message has been edited by EricG (edited 07-04-2001).]

marcdups
07-04-2001, 11:50 AM
Eric, hope you are having a good day, your best bet in my opinion is to talk with John Janaky at DAH pro pellers in winconsin, tel # is 262-534-4440, I believe he is about the most knoledgable guy in the industry, Good luck and have a great 4 th.
Marc

south and east of you and darn humid!!

BZmarine
07-04-2001, 07:20 PM
i would have to say call spinelli bros props. thay did wonders for me and a friend of mine.i have a 1970 classic with a volvo-penta drive and no trim on it, and my friend has a 1987 z21 with a brovo. he did both of us wonders. we love the props. i got 5-6 mph more out of my boat with his prop over any other props i have tryed. with great hole shots. my friend got about the same gain in his boat also. mine is a 3 blade and his is a 4 blade. he also has a perfomance guarantee. his phone # is (716) 467-0544, address is 2035 east ridge road rochester, ny. i use to live in buffalo and i went to his shop to talk to him and for him to make my prop. i also went back to his shop to pick up my prop. my friend also did the same and his first prop was not right but he made a new one for him at no cost to make sure he was happy. i would recommend him to anyone. good luck on any prop u try hope everything works out for you!!! HAPPY BOATING BZ