PDA

View Full Version : Found! "Speed Kills"

Tidbart
09-08-2002, 02:19 PM
I found this book that I got a couple of years ago. I remember some members were interested in it about six months ago. I will lend it to anyone interested or sell it if it is worth anything. If many are interested in reading it, I'll see about circulating through the mail as long you pay the postage.

Bob

ps I did a search and CDMA was interested in reading it. Let me know.

Tidbart
09-09-2002, 04:15 PM
Don't make me put this on Ebay.

Harbormaster, if nobody speaks up, I'll donate it to the board and you can list it an sell it to support the board. OK?? Just a thought.

Bob

Bryan Tuvell 33ZX
09-09-2002, 04:37 PM
TIDBERT, I have not read it and I am interested in borrowing it, ship it insured (UPS is free to $50 I believe) with your return address and I will mail you a check.
I have had many financial transactions with board members, you need not worry and I will pay shipping both ways.
Thanks
Bryan Tuvell
420 Lynnfield Road
Chesapeake, Va 23323

HyperDonzi
09-09-2002, 04:55 PM
What is that book about? more detailed than Speed Kills please :)

EricG
09-09-2002, 06:35 PM
I just read it about a month ago....I found it very interesting. It's basically a collection of police reports, witness interviews, news clipping, etc about Don Aronow's Murder layed out in chronological order from the Murder in 1987 to the Criminal Justice System's "Resolution" of the case in the early 90's.

A lot of folks here and on other Websites have bashed it for being untrue and a work of pure fiction...which it might very well be. But it is an interesting read....and even if the end isn't the "REAL" truth, it does describe what happend in the courts and who was eventually found responsible by the court system.

Overall, I enjoyed it...and I recommend it to anyone who, like me, wasn't in Miami in the 1980's, and has no idea what it must have been like around 188th street at that time. (I still don't...but I'm glad I wasn't there eek! )

-EG

Hardonzi
09-09-2002, 06:46 PM
EG---FOE-GET-A-BOUD-IT!! That was the motto during those days in the alley.

HyperDonzi
09-09-2002, 07:38 PM
do you think sometime i could borrow that? i am going to be doing a history report on Don Aronow for extra credit soon.

CDMA
09-09-2002, 08:13 PM
Thanks Tidbert but if someone else wants it let them read it. My list is just too long right now.

Thanks for thinking of me though!

Chris

knock knock...whose there....my engine

Bryan Tuvell 33ZX
09-09-2002, 08:31 PM
TIDBERT, let me know.

CDMA, what's up! Been hearing a few stories????
Did I miss something above?
Waiting on a response, I looked for the book a few times.

Take care CDMA...... see ya soon.
Bryan

Tidbart
09-10-2002, 07:10 AM
Brian, I'll send it along in the next day or so if I have the time. If not, it will have to wait until next week as I am off to a wedding in the Keys for a long weekend. I will try my best to get it this week. It is in OK condition, not the greatest, but let's try and keep that way and not any worse so maybe more can read it.

Speaking of that, if anyone else would like it, I will have Brian forward it to you when he is done. This will save any unnecessary shipping.

Hyper, in all honesty, this book is not a good one for a report. It is hard to follow, and not an easy read. The way the author compiled and presented the information could have done better. Unless you spent hours and hours writing down all the facts and players, you are sure to get lost. Maybe the Cliff notes will be out soon. LOL I would find a different source.

Bob

Tidbart
09-12-2002, 09:28 PM
Bryan,
It is on its way.
Bob