PDA

View Full Version : Looking for a Loran C

WOT-sup
09-08-2002, 12:31 PM
Anybody have a Loran C receiver that they would like to sell? How about replacing your Loran with a new GPS?

Ours Loran died and along with it accurate access to 100's of fishing spots. While algorithm conversion of TD's to L/L's will get you close, it won't get you close enough for Gulf of Mexico bottom fishing. The only mfg I've been able to find still making Loran is Furuno, and they are over a grand $!

Looking for a CDU and coupler in working condition, the bigger the display the better, bells/whistles not as important as basic nav info. If it's a unit we're not familiar with a manual wouldn't hurt either.

Anybody??

Thanks,
Brad

MOP
09-08-2002, 09:05 PM
I have a Garmon 128 with less than 2 hours on it, antenna mounted on real low rail mount. Check it out on Garmon.com. looking fo a decent offer. Its to big for a 16.

WOT-sup
09-08-2002, 11:34 PM
M.O.P.

Thanks for the reply. If that was a Loran instead of a GPS I be all over it.

Brad

avanti
09-09-2002, 06:55 AM
I have a Furuno LC90 MK 2 in new condition. I also have the bracket, power cord and antenna coupler. If you are interested in it, make me an offer and I can arrange to get it to Florida so that we could ship it to you. Danny

Bandit
09-10-2002, 11:27 AM
I have one that came with my 89 Black Widow. I don't use it and it might be older then what you are looking for.

If you're interested, email me and I'll dig it out to see the model, etc.

Price will be minimal.

WOT-sup
09-13-2002, 07:14 PM
Thanks for the responses Jed, avantti, and Bandit. I'll fire each of you off an e-mail and we'll take it from here.

Anyone else dig up an antique navigator??

Brad

oakadia
09-14-2002, 08:54 AM
I believe you may still be able to purchase rebuilt lorans from SITEX in St. Pete on Roosevelt blvd - 11001 suite 800. I am in the same boat as you in regard to loran numbers and fishing/diving honeyholes. While I own a nice Lowrance globalmap GPS, lots of my numbers are in loran only and the security of having a second navigation system on board to verify location is immeasurable. Anyway, I bought a new coupler from Sitex about a year and a half ago. Give them a call at 727-576-5734 or fax 570-8646. I know if you have an old sitex they can repair it.

avanti
09-14-2002, 01:38 PM
Scott, Thanks for the offer to ship it. I can send it over to you, no problem. Do you guys know that the big boys from the APBA are coming here Oct. 18-20. I guess all the Donzi's will be here too. Can't wait as it has been a long time since offshore racing has been in Freeport. If you guys get bored you should run over for the weekend. We do it all the time, just in the opposite direction. Danny

WOT-sup
09-15-2002, 01:28 PM
Thanks Poodle, it could happen.

WOT-sup
09-16-2002, 06:30 PM
Hey Avanti
Sent you an e-mail re: your Furuno that didn't ended up going thru. Sent it again, did you get it OK? Look fwd to moving fwd with this.

Brad