PDA

View Full Version : LOOKING FOR ONTARIO SWEET 16

TRU-JACK
07-03-2001, 04:40 PM
Does anyone know of any sweet 16's in Ontario, preferrably near muskoka, or honey harbour, or lake couchiching orillia?
thanks

chiefbigwin
07-05-2001, 05:08 PM
Hi Tru-Jack!

You and I are the only Canadians on the board I think.

I saw a sweet 16 in the Toronto edition of the Auto Trader a couple o weeks ago. It was on Lake Rosseau I believe. Caption said "Nicest in Canada"...good sales tactic. I think it said that it had a brand new or re-built engine. The Auto Trader is at my cottage now, I am @ the office or I would give the number.

There is a brand new red/white 2+3 with a 5 liter sitting in the Hot Knots show room. The price is really good. Call Frank @327-9741 XT 233 and tell him Brian from Lake of Bays sent you. I know that they are anxious to part with it.

Best of luck!

Brian

boxy
07-05-2001, 10:03 PM
Hey Chief, not only are you guys not the only Canadians on the board, you're not even the only ones from Toronto.
That being said, welcome, and if you happen across any 18's in your area, drop me a line.

------------------
boxy
mailto:sboxma@sprint.casboxma@sprint.ca</A>
Smuggler's Cove
1000 Islands
Ontario

Len
07-05-2001, 10:24 PM
Don't forget the Left Coast as well!!!

Rob M
07-06-2001, 08:02 AM
The Sweet 16 in Boat Trader is still listed at $21,000. It looks to be late 60s early 70s vintage.It has a rebuilt 350 Magnum with 0 hours, hull is restored and is repainted w/Imron. The boat has an old style windshield as well. It's on Lake Rosseau (705) 765-5291

Rob M
07-06-2001, 08:03 AM
The Sweet 16 in Boat Trader is still listed at $21,000. It looks to be late 60s early 70s vintage.It has a rebuilt 350 Magnum with 0 hours, hull is restored and is repainted w/Imron. The boat has an old style windshield as well. It's on Lake Rosseau (705) 765-5291

TRU-JACK
07-06-2001, 08:12 AM
Thanks Rob. I'm still testing the 2 boats in the Ottawa area this sunday, as i'm there for the weekend. I'll let you know how it goes. Any comment about the 4.3 in the 16. Is there a chance it will be underpowered? Thanks again.

Danny
07-06-2001, 09:09 AM
FYI Chief
After a quick count in the registry I found 23 Canadian boats and owners and that doesn't included those like myself who freguent the site regularly and haven't posted pictures yet as well as those faithfull followers (no offence Boxy or Len, I was one on this site for almost 2 years) who are still on the hunt for their favourite boat. In my neighbourhood the number of Donzis is well into double digits.
I hope to hit the waters of Georgian Bay for the first time in mine next week. Pictures to follow once the boat is all back together.
Danny

Rob M
07-06-2001, 11:36 AM
Originally posted by TRU-JACK:
Any comment about the 4.3 in the 16. Is there a chance it will be underpowered? Thanks again.[/B]

I've got the Merc. 4.3 Vortec (Alpha One drive)in my 16 (no thru hull, 2bbl.). It offers great acceleration, smooth instant planing,no need for trim tabs,fuel efficiency (vs. 4bbl) can readily pull up a skier, top end of 54 mph(speedo) with driver and 1/2 tank of gas. I'm sure that different props will affect this. Mine is 23 pitch SS Merc. Vengeance.

chiefbigwin
07-08-2001, 10:13 PM
I really am sorry fellow Canadians!

After I made that comment, I looked a little deeper into the site and found out that there are indeed many using Donzi.net.

Tru-Jack: I hope your testing went well this weekend, and you are now the proud owner of a Donzi.

Brian on Lake of Bays

boxy
07-08-2001, 10:37 PM
Danny, no offence taken. If it wasn't for the guys, and info on this site, I would have given up long ago.

------------------
boxy
Smuggler's Cove
1000 Islands
Ontario

Ross
07-11-2001, 09:03 PM
TRU-Jack, check out the 16' Shephard Donzi on the Honey Harbour road, just before Honey Harbour- Hewson Boats(sp?) This boat looks pretty good- has had some work done on it. Danny this is the one that sold with the cottage. Bill of sale for the cottage "includes boat in the boathouse" !!!

jaroot
07-11-2001, 09:59 PM
if any canadians are close to the boarder (Michigan) and interested in a new ride you can drop on over about an hour or hour and a half from detroit to ski sensations in the irish hills 3 miles from Michigan International Speedway. They have 2 16 classics and 1 22 classic that i know of plus some BIG ZX's... i think there is a 38 sitting there and a couple smaller ones. The two 16's are at their service facility on Devil's lake near thier main facility, the one i looked at is white with dark green stripe and 5 Litre power, no trailer 19,900. they have a white with blue stripe on trailer under shrink wrap sitting outside. The 22 has red sides.. white top / red stripe. Turning a 23 mirage + on a bravo so i assume it is probably a 502?

boxy
07-12-2001, 02:21 PM
jaroot, thanks for the heads up, but I thought I might as well post this before Len gets all worked up.
$34327.00 for a 16 foot Donzi without a trailer just doesn't make sense when you're from Canada, your boating season is 5 months at best, and it was 13 degrees C this morning when I woke up.
Did I ever pick 2 terrible freakin weeks to be on holidays, we went wakeboarding last Friday, and it was 9 degrees C when we started.
Thanks anyways, and please keep looking.

------------------
boxy
Smuggler's Cove
1000 Islands
Ontario

[This message has been edited by boxy (edited 07-12-2001).]