PDA

View Full Version : We're now 3 biguns

2biguns
11-26-2003, 03:36 PM
Stella Catherine joined our family at 2:05 Monday afternoon. 8 pounds 11 ounces and 22 inches long.
http://www.donzi.net/photos/scs.jpg

http://www.donzi.net/photos/with_amy.jpg

We're going to have our hands full as she is just as impatient as her mother. The doctor checked Amy out at about 1:30 p.m. and said to relax because it would be a while. As soon as she left, Stella decided she had waited long enough. 12 pushes later out she popped.

Never in my life have I felt so close to God as I have the past 2 days. How anyone can go through this experience and still have doubts as to the existence of a higher power is beyond my comprehension.

We made it home at lunch today and are scared to death. Having that little nurse button next to the bed sure was handy. Luckily my baby sister was one of our delivery nurses and lives with range of my Talk-A-Bout so I'll keep her on line.

boldts
11-26-2003, 03:43 PM
Congratulations Steve and Amy! She's beautiful! She'll have the guys chasing her before you know it. LOL

Yep, the hospitals like to get you out right away anymore. I was able to talk Beth's doctor into allowing us to remain in the hospital 1 more night. Gave us both a chance to relax and get some sleep before taking on parenthood. Before long, you'll be wondering what happened to that little baby named Stella :D

MOP
11-26-2003, 03:50 PM
Being an old fart and having 5 rug rats of my own and now grand children I am always in awe of new Moms expressions in pics and thier telling of the feelings thy never thought exsisted. Thanks for the perk me up post and enjoy, you will see what people say about having your own. Happy Thanks Giving and God Bless.

Phil

Trueser
11-26-2003, 04:54 PM
Nice Job Steve!!!

Hey you bringing her up to AOTH4? It would be nice to have another Z29 next year.

Good health to you and your family.

Mike

Ed Donnelly
11-26-2003, 04:58 PM
Congratulations.Beautiful baby.Enjoy her for the next 14 yrs or so years,then look out. The Tom cats will be prowling..Ed

Cuda
11-26-2003, 06:29 PM
2biguns:

Never in my life have I felt so close to God as I have the past 2 days. How anyone can go through this experience and still have doubts as to the existence of a higher power is beyond my comprehension.

Although I'm 48 and have no children, I agree with that statement. I took my mom to the hospital to see my little brother's first girl. I have never been much of a kid person, but I just felt overwhelmed by seeing an entire new life that wasn't there the day before. Anybody who proclaims to be an atheis has surely never witnessed a birth.

Contratulations on a beautiful healthy girl!

Last Tango
11-26-2003, 06:41 PM
I see it now, a few months down the road. Everybody sitting around at the dinner table, baby with a partial mouthful of greenish baby food, when all of a sudden, a WORD pops out of her mouth. Amy insists she said "mommy', Steve counters with "she clearly said "daddy", but WE know her first real word was "DONZI".
In a couple years she will string her first full sentence together, "Daddy? Can I borrow the keys to the Donzi? Please?"
Congrats, you THREE!

Crazy Horse
11-26-2003, 10:25 PM
Congrats!! Best Wishes to your entire family.

18 Again
11-27-2003, 02:56 PM
Now you really have something to be thankful for. Congratulations & best wishes.

2biguns
11-27-2003, 07:51 PM
I guess I now realize that things have OFFICIALLY changed for me.

This apocalypse came to me when I found myself on e-bay searching NOT, mind you, for Garmin portable GPS converters and digital speedometer upgrades. No, no, I have no time for such trivialities when there are hundreds---nay, I say THOUSANDS, of electric breast pumps out there just waiting for a high bidder.

One truly knows that he is secure in his masculinity when he can approach the cute little clerk working at that bastion of femininity named "Cutie Patooties" and ask her where he might find washable breast pads in her store.

:rolleyes:

Air 22
11-27-2003, 08:13 PM
Congrats Steve & Family...She is just beautiful... wink