PDA

View Full Version : Morse Throttle Help

Scott Pearson
04-20-2001, 05:53 AM
Ok...I need a little help on this one. I was going to run a Gaffrig side mount control but, It wont clear the hull on the inside. So...I going back to the orig. Morse controls. Heres the questions.

1. For the guys who run the Morse with a chevy set-up. What is the best length cables to run?

2. What kind of cables and do I need Merc. adapters?

3. I have seen on some boats that the Morse shifters get mounted so that the 2 screw holes are at the top and not towards the bow. This would mean that the cables would go down then back. On mine it looks like the shifter gets mounted so the screw holes are towards the front with the cables running stright back. Does it go this way?

4. Where can I get a new shifter handle? Mine is pitted and not so good.

Thanks guys...Could use some help on this one...Lake George is comming up fast (58 Days) and I dont even have the deck on. Still need to wire this thing also.

(NJ)Scott

Blewbyu
04-20-2001, 10:33 PM
CALL MUDPUDDLE!He has all the answers(just did it)-and he can probably sell you the parts you need..........a true man for all seasons!
madpoodle@aol.com if I recall...

Blewbyu
04-20-2001, 10:37 PM
BTW...........BE SURE TO HOOK UP AND TEST BEFORE REFITTING THE DECK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Tho it can be done from the outside with deck on-it will bring you to tears!!!
I GUARANFREAKIN'T IT!!!!!!!!!!!!

Tom on Lanier
04-21-2001, 06:31 AM
Scott - regarding cables, we tested quite few and found that the new Teleflex TFX Extreme cables are excellent. Morse Supremes are very good too. They should have cables or adapters for most any application.

------------------
Tom
"Tomahawk"

Scott Pearson
04-21-2001, 06:57 AM
Thanks guys,
I was a little disapointed that I couldnt use the Gaffrig set-up. But, I have some cool ideas for the Morse alum. cover. Maybe somemore CNC work will be done in the near future.

56 more days till SPRING DUST OFF!!!!!!!

(NJ)Scott