just wanted to say thanks to all here

its been fun
BOB

Steve Sinclair
11-23-2003, 09:10 PM
Take care frown

Ed Donnelly
11-24-2003, 12:47 AM
Take a deep breath, count to ten,enjoy your thanksgiving,then come back.You made your apologies,we are all adults here..boat owner Ed

Scott Pearson
11-24-2003, 05:05 AM
Ed,
Except me....I'm one of those childish childern on this site whos a dreamer without a pot to piss in.....or at least thats what Bob says....

Bob,
Dont let the door hit you in your a**..........CYEA

(NJ)Scott

terry
11-24-2003, 08:21 AM
Scott, I could not agree more!
There is too much bickering and whining on the site......its supposed to be fun and informative.
Plenty other sites out there for crybabies....

mattyboy
11-24-2003, 09:58 AM
yes I agree the trend seems to be more confrontational lately here.
Our hobby/love is becoming very popular,and the board has grown, when I was lucky enough to find this site 2 years ago I became member 592 now we are close to 3000 members, That's alot a views and opinions. Along with this growth there come members who are more concerned with the business aspect then the true love of the boats. Now mind you if my hobby/love holds it's value or increases that's just gravy, and I don't mind the people in it only for the business, but be up front about it and don't hide your motives.
When I joined I was making a substantial purchase and asked questions here and got honest truthful answers.What has always amazed me that when Donzi people get together, you can't tell the difference between the guy who pushes the broom ,the guy who sells the broom, the guy who fixes the broom, and the guy who owns the broom company we're all just guys and girls with Donzi's.Finacial status has nothing to do with it and to comment on someones status is just wrong.

I have made some great friends here who have given me their time, expertise, worth 10 of thousands of dollars, and when they're asked can a make it up to you or please take some money, the response is remember this and always help out someone else to return the favor.I have tried to do this when I can and try to help or answer the question I can ( and have been wrong quite a few times)

this is a tough medium and things can be taken the wrong way, but your actions dealing in person or on the phone speak directly to your character!
I'll be the first to admit I usually joke around and kid and sometimes I get misunderstood and have emailed and phoned to make amends.

so think about what and when you post.I probably post too often just trying to make a joke or kid with another member.I try not to stir stuff up( ok the windshield thing is my weakness :p )

off my soap box

Matty

BUIZILLA
11-24-2003, 10:21 AM
Matty for President !!

DAULEY
11-24-2003, 10:59 AM
this was not saying i am leaving the site just that there are more important thing in my life than the boats missed must get back to reality and deal with my wifes medical issues and not worry about the boats iwish i had or could have had
happy holidays to all
bob

TuxedoPk
11-24-2003, 01:03 PM
"this is a tough medium" - Really? :D wink :D

Matty- I think that becoming intrigued with the business aspect of the boats is one of the normal phases one goes thru on the way to becoming truley passionate about the older models. It was only 6 months and a few Donzis ago that I can remember Scott sharing with me that Donzis weren't the type of boats to get involved with for the business side. While he was obviously correct, the path of enlightening new board members to the truly special aspect of this board yields significant advantages over attacking members. I'll always be thankful for Scott (also applies to Bill/Chris) for their infinate patience helping me to learn and become excited about Donzis. Let's keep that tradition alive... We really do have something special to share.

-Off Matty's SoapBox
Rich

mattyboy
11-24-2003, 03:03 PM
use your own damn soap box! :p

Matty
enlightened :cool:

gjohns6896
11-24-2003, 03:39 PM
I just thought I'd tell you all this: I have not been reading the Registry very much at all. But a pal of mine keeps me "plugged in" on certain instances. It is usually someone buying/selling a boat or some good news. I get this link in an e-mail, and thought to myself, what is going on over there. Turns out things have taken a turn for the worse. I guess it has something to do with this cold, crappy weather and us Northerners not being able to use our boats, I don't know. It is just sad that Scott V. made this great site for all of us to enjoy, and instead of praising him and each other, we are kicking people off and not letting everyone speak as freely as I remember when I joined this great site nearly two years ago. I am sorry for my rambling, but I just thought it was appropriate. I understand how it is buying a boat while trying to keep it a secret, but we should not be vultures to each other. I, too, have asked MANY questions to the board, and I always try to keep an open mind, even though we ALWAYS stray off topic. I guess I am done, I cannot think anymore, this cold wind is affecting my brain!

Cheers,
George

gjohns6896
11-24-2003, 03:43 PM
DAMN! I forgot to mention MY good news...I got engaged three-and-a-half weeks ago to my wonderful girlfriend of one year and nine months, Cara. I would be GLAD to accept any and all wishes and suggestions for the future.

And to help PAY for all of this stuff, I am STILL trying to sell my Jeep. If interested, please e-mail me.

The date is July 3, 2004...fireworks time, boys!

Cheers,
George

Ed Donnelly
11-24-2003, 05:06 PM
Scott; I sent you an E-mail to apologize. It wasn't me being slammed, so it is easy for me to say no harn done.Like my wife reminded me after she read the posts, "Put yourself in his shoes" I may be one of thoses easy going, soft spoken Canadians, that everyone thinks are so nice. But I am also Irish and my blood would have boiled..Ed

Scott Pearson
11-24-2003, 06:55 PM
Your not leaving....??? And here I was getting ready to open a vintage bottle of ripple! Dont have anymore MadDog 2020 left.....

Now...where did I put that brown paper bag?

(NJ)Scott

Bryan Tuvell 33ZX
11-24-2003, 08:11 PM
Only one I read Mpoodle! Searched for the juice too, no luck...
I need to party less and read more posts!

OFF TOPIC: Scott P. I have a few concrete questions for you, I will shoot you an email this week, I would appreciate some advice before our decks are laid for the pool in January.
Bryan

(I need a new broom too)

BUIZILLA
11-24-2003, 08:37 PM
Dauley, I understand you made yet ANOTHER attempt to try and snake the Criterion from under me eh?? Matt's a straight shooter isn't he? He told you it was SOLD the FIRST time you called. He took my deposit in GOOD FAITH. I paid for the boat today Bob, in full. He told me what your trying to do.. My kinda guy, and his wife is a gem, good people.. My money has gone to Matt, and Pearson has proof, so he can pick up the boat, okay. For the LAST TIME Bob, I bought the boat, it's a DONE DEAL!! Get over it... You were even told by me and the seller several times that the boat was SOLD and you STILL tried to burn me again!! Gee Bob, you never cease to amaze, and now you drag your wife into it for our sympathy? Didn't you post last month on the Cig 20 or BlackHawk ad that your wife wanted your boats SOLD, cause you had too many already, and it was only FOUR then right? Oh wait Bob, you deleted/edited that post too recently... Cover your tracks everywhere you go huh.... Didn't you tell me Saturday you now had 8 boats, and you just sold a Camaro for $58,000? Your wife must be feeling much better today then... I also see you deleted the $4000 bump post from Friday night, well, a BUNCH of us saw that post Bob, you didn't fool ANYBODY bubba. And, you edited/deleted the BlackHawk deal, as well as other posts to cover your tracks with that recently? Price them sky high, and drop the price fast.. Last months $13k Minx in Illinois, is now $24.9K, on the same trailer in Lake Geneva?? Weren't you looking for a Minx trailer in Ohio last week? Our hard drive's don't lie Bob.. You have listed for sale more Donzi boats on this sight in the past year than ANYBODY, legitimate dealers included. Two 16's, one 18, one Z29, one BlackHawk, one 20Cig, and at least two or three 22's on eBay isn't that right? One of the Ebay 22's (1999 white/red) you tried to fish me on last spring. Remember that boat? The Chicago deal? The one you told me you were selling for your desperate son-in-law, but made a $2000 profit to someone else? Those were your words. Just admit your here to only prey for profit and quit trying to fool us otherwise. Your no DONZI hobbyist. Your a profiteer, trying to sucker the last seller, or the next buyer. You don't care what deal you muck up, or who's toes you step on. You have contributed absolutely ZERO to this site. We're ALL onto you now big fella. You need to go away...

For the record, my new Criterion will be named Damn Dauley, since Griz has Damn Donzi already.

Have a nice day, and don't try and fool with me again.

If HM doesn't like my post, he can bounce me for good, but I still have my Donzi's, my friends, and most importantly my integrity.

J

terry
11-24-2003, 08:45 PM
OMG!

DAULEY
11-25-2003, 08:49 AM
jim
the boats your talking about are incorrect i had listed 2 16s 1 18 129 1 blackhawk 1 cig on ebay just the z29 nothing to do with any of the other boats
i called the owner of ci on his x18 not the ci i also stated i made a terrible mistake trying to buy the cri from underneith you and apology was made yes i deleted some posts i made because i should have never made them as far as a price on the blackhawk it was listed at a far less price than anyother one on this site or any other site it started at 28000 and last price was 25500 with out trailer and 26500 with trailer that not a big drop in price
you can keep bashing me if you like
but i dont think its right
as far as my wife is concered yes she is doing better but it not over yet she has a body scan to see if cancer is anywher else because it was in linfs but not your worry but mine
anyway sorry to anyone i insulted and i hope all will except my apology not looking for sympathy from anyone
bob

classic_18
11-25-2003, 03:43 PM
Dauley,
I thought you were leaving......

Sagbay32
11-25-2003, 04:20 PM
Enough is enough...leave it alone, or take it private. As much as I enjoy a large popcorn, mine has run out.
:(

Mike

BUIZILLA
11-25-2003, 04:26 PM
Bob, just so you know something else, and then i'm done with this. I have had 2 full blown CAT scans, with multiple contrast, in the last 30 days for sygmoid colon cancer, and just today had a colonoscopy, with biopsy retrieval. A PET scan may be next.. You sure don't see me use a medical decoy to buy a boat... you made NO mention of the X18 deal when you tried to bump me on $$ for the Crit either, because Matt doesn't own the X18 i'm told by his wife. Quit lying, and just go away..

J

DAULEY
11-25-2003, 08:07 PM
jim i think you are the lier caught ya .he does have a x18 look under criterion sub speices and the post is by other scott on nov 18 2003 at 9.57 am the same person that posted the criterion on the site quit trying to make your self look good and making me look like a jerk how are you going to cover this one up
give it up forget it and stop back stabbing if you want to talk about it call you have my number i enjoy this site and i am not leaving and i dont like being called a lier
i sent a email to u eairler ill be in fla week after next if you want to talk in person let me know
bob

Bryan Tuvell 33ZX
11-25-2003, 08:17 PM
Since I missed the beginning, did someone get a new criterion?
If so congrats.
I fell in love with the style/look/history helping Mad Poodle get his. Very nice sleek looking boat.
Had I know one was for sale........

So someone state the facts on new ownership.

MP: Another example of NON performance talk in the Performance Talk forum.
Bryan

(I also hate pop corn)

BUIZILLA
11-25-2003, 08:19 PM
Bob, the X18 parked on his property is NOT his. It belongs to a friend, and he allows it to be kept there. He can't sell anything he doesn't own, to you, or anybody else.

Please get lost now, and quit wasting our time.

J

BUIZILLA
11-25-2003, 08:24 PM
Bryan, I bought the white/blue Criterion from another Registry member. The boat had been for sale for about 5 years, but just surfaced herein last week. I pulled the trigger.

J

Bryan Tuvell 33ZX
11-25-2003, 08:28 PM
CONGRATS, email me a pic or two when you get a chance. I never thought they were all that until I saw one in person, way cool boat, looks huge for a 22 the way they are set up.
Very different and from what MPoodle says they ride great too.
Nothing like pulling the trigger.... congrats again.
Bryan