PDA

View Full Version : Info On 22 Classic 4 Sale?

Scubado
11-22-2002, 12:15 AM
I ran across a 22 Classic White with blue stripe.

It's a 1994 with a blown 454, blackhawk drive, external steering, and a big scoop on the engine hatch.

It's has not been licensed since 2000. I wasn't able to speak with the owner but it was supposed to have come from the Seattle area, perhaps lake Washington.

Do any of you know the history of this boat? It looks like it needs a good home.

Woodsy
11-22-2002, 06:12 AM
Thats the boat that was on E-bay and I think Boat Trader... its in Idaho? They wanted $40K for it. Kinda steep for a bastardized 22 Classic... of course, thats what mine will look like when its done!! wink wink

Woodsy Von Donzi

Scubado
11-22-2002, 10:09 AM
Hey Wooodsy,

That must be the one. Not too many Donzi's in that area. The price is lower now. Does anyone else know about this boat?

Woodsy
11-22-2002, 10:48 AM
Scubado... For some reason, when it was on E-bay I seem to remember it being described as a Lake Tahoe boat...

How much are they asking for it now? If I remember the pix right, the drive was setup in the stock location (deep). If the price was in the high $20's to very low $30's it might be worth looking at. Bolt on a Bravo, & save the Hawk for those Donzi get togethers.... or, you could sell the BlackHawk to me....

Woodsy Von Hawk

EricG
11-22-2002, 10:49 AM
We did talk about it awhile back. It sounds like quite a hot rod. If I remember, it's over in the Spokane/Cour de lain (sp) area, isn't it? Don't your folks live over there...sounds like a good excuse for a visit them to go pick it up :D

I know of most of the Donzi's that run around on Lake Wash...but I've never seen that one out on the water (I'm sure I would have remembered it eek! )

FYI - There are 3 22's for sale up here in the Seattle area right now (plus that one over on the east side).

One is a Black striped '82 Classic with really cool candy striped interior. 454/TRS - They want $18,000 for it...but they've had it several years..so they may talk.

Another is an all Red OMC boat...down at Quinn's consignment/repo lot. I believe it's a BB/King Cobra boat. I saw it a few years ago moored in the same marina I bought mine from...didn't look like it was used much. They want $17,000 for it.

There's also the Blue '99 with the Volvo Penta that's been for sale forever.

If anyone is interested in any of them, I can go take pics for you...

Wow - for the land of no Donzi's - we sure have a bunch of them right now. But no 16's or 18's.... :(

EG

Scubado
11-22-2002, 11:14 AM
The boat is sitting in Post Falls Idaho (between Spokane and Couer D'Alene). I dropped in last night for a look. The owner has it at a dealership but the guys there didn't know a whole lot about the boat. He is asking 36K for it now. The dealer said that he thought the boat was from Seattle and that the current owner had not used used the boat much... It looked clean but it was night and I didn't go through it.

Eric, I saw a lot of Donzi boats running around here in Eastern Washington and Idaho this summer. And a lot of people who know and appreciate the boats. But it seems like you get that at about any boat launch or gas station in the country. The was a dealership in Spokane, they are now bankrupt.

Huskys vs Cougs this weekend, are you going to Pullman?

hottub
11-22-2002, 03:02 PM
I believe the history of the boat began with an individual that "spared no expense" in attempt to create the fastest boat at Lake Tahoe. I think they advertised it as an 85+ mph boat. That guy eventually sold the boat to a guy that moved it to the Couer D'Alene area. It seemed to be a pretty clean boat.......

EricG
11-22-2002, 04:08 PM
It is funny how many Donzi's we really do have up here...but they never seem to come up for sale. And when they do....well, you have to pay the geography tax.

Keep us posted on the 22 if you decide to pursue it...

As far as the Apple Cup - I'm not going over, but I've been wearing the Purple and Gold all week...go DAWGS.

EG

b.guggenmos
11-22-2002, 10:33 PM
I used to own the 88 Testsarosa at Quins in Seattle. I sold it in 1994. Was in great shape then with low hours then but who knows what the later owners have done. It is a 460 with King Cobra Drive. It is now advertised for 16K. Phone number 206-938-9830 or quinsboats@bargainboats.com.