PDA

View Full Version : Donzi The Movie

Ralph Savarese
11-21-2002, 04:54 PM
According to this months boating magazine Tom Cruise has agreed to star in the movie about Don Aronow . They go on to say sarcastically(This one should be a real box office smash)!!!
Well I now that it will be at least for us guys.
Too bad for every body else that does not appreciate the greatness of this man!

mattyboy
11-21-2002, 05:14 PM
that's good news they got that !%!%$@^$@&*()alec baldwin out of there!!! :D I hope they do Don
justice... I think it will do ok

1 tom cruise will keep the ladies happy
2. if they put some hot boats and babes into it I'm happy
but please realize films never get it right, If a real golfer looks at tin cup they say oh that's bull!!! or a firefighter looks at backdraft and says we don't do it that way,
so take it for entertainment first

Matt

tmdog
11-21-2002, 05:33 PM
From what I hear about Tom Cruise, instead of some cute babes , it will be a couple of cute guys.

Greg Maier
11-21-2002, 06:21 PM
In addition to being gay (not that there is anything wrong with that), Tom has been known for his Anti-American sentiments. He badmouths the country that made him a millionaire.

Hardonzi
11-21-2002, 07:50 PM
On a positive note Miachel Mann will be doing the soundtrack.He`s noted for Miami Vice and Heat with Pacino and Dinero. : :D

Formula Jr
11-21-2002, 08:07 PM
If anyone thinks that Hollywood can do a fair and balanced story on Don, you are dreaming. If they cast Tom Cruise - a guy that only looks tall standing next to Jodie Foster - as the bar clearing, hard hitting, bear of a man, hells-bells Aronow... it will be laughable. That makes as much sense as casting Tom Arnold as Don, Andy Dick as Knocky, Tom Green as Wynne and Robin Williams as Brownie............ :D

Shanghied Again
11-21-2002, 08:21 PM
You have to remember, To us that know Donzis better then anyone on the face of the planet. They need an Actor that can bring in the money. Tom Cruise is defenitly not my choice to play Don. But he will bring in the big money and if they market the movie the right way. A lot of contracts on new boats will be made. I remember Diamonds are forever (James Bond) Ford had the best year for 1972 Mustang Mach 1s, Including myself, All movie generated. Ford is doing again this year with its special edution T-Bird (James Bond) Remeber licence to kill (Cigarette Cafe Racer) sure made an impact. Miami Vice and Scarab , I can keep going on. This may be a good thing, I am all for blown out publicity of a product I love and respect. Go Donzi... :D And may the Donzi Force be with you!

Formula Jr
11-21-2002, 08:30 PM
I see what you're say'en Frank, but can Tom Cruise even see over the console of a 28? wink

"Props! Booster Chair for Mr. Cruise's Close-up." :D

Bryan Tuvell 33ZX
11-21-2002, 08:34 PM
Tom Cruise only knows one story line, TOPGUN, the NASCAR flick etc....
Not to cut Tom short, he is a wonderful actor and makes good movies.

So he will wreck a Donzi racing a Fountain, and his boat chick will make it all better after a helo picks him up, I always like the music in those scenes, great music if nothing else.

Off to go watch my TopGun video, the start of it on the carrier is my life! Launch'm and Land'm.
Saddam, dig deep, and take a good book.

The President was quite clear yesterday with NATO, "the severest of consequences" (speaking on IRAQ UN resolutions).

Bryan

HyperDonzi
11-21-2002, 08:34 PM
When does it come out? Will it be on home video soon afterward??

HyperDonzi
11-21-2002, 08:36 PM
Bryan T, thats the greatest scene from any movie, with the volume cranked of course!!!

mattyboy
11-21-2002, 10:25 PM
Hey JR what's with the short jokes??? wink :D
cruise can use the phone book just like I do!!! wink
Hyper relax the flick has to get out on the big screen first,,home video is not a good thing for a movie.....what's the matter don't know how to sneak into the drive in??? wink :D

if they make it I will go

Matt

Formula Jr
11-21-2002, 10:34 PM
Extreme envy..... Nichole Kiddman? What was Cruise thinking?????

Scott Pearson
11-22-2002, 05:57 AM
My vote is for George Clooney.

(NJ)Scott

BERTRAM BOY
11-22-2002, 06:01 AM
My vote is for Scott Pearson.

Anonymous :D :D :D

mattyboy
11-22-2002, 07:58 AM
eek! eek! eek!
somebody stole Cliff's logon ID!!!! wink

how bout AARRNOLD,I am pumping you up!!
just think about him trying to say Don's last name

forget I even mentioned it :D

Matt

Ranman
11-22-2002, 08:28 AM
Seems like a lot of his movies have the same theme.

Tom Cruise is a football player... But no... He's the best football player in the world.

Tom Cruise is a young playboy... But no... He's the best young playboy in the world.

Tom Cruise is a fighter pilot... But no... He's the best fighter pilot in the world.

Tom Cruise is a stock car driver... But no... He's the best stock car driver in the world.

Tom Cruise is a pool hustler... But no... He's the best pool hustler in the world.

Tom Cruise is a lawyer... But no... He's the best lawyer in the world.

Tom Cruise is a vampire... But no... He's the best vampire in the world.

Tom Cruise is a spy... But no... He's the best spy in the world.

Tom Cruise is a bar tender... But no... He's the best bar tender in the world.

Tom Cruise is a brother... But no... He's the best brother in the world. (I take exception to this one :D )

I guess it would fit to cast him as the best offshore racer/builder in the world... Wait a minute...

I'm an excellent critic.

Dr. Dan
11-22-2002, 08:30 AM
:D I like Clooney, I think Pacino or DeNero would be awesome also!!!! Fa Get A bout It? :cool: ...Doc
Hey..... How You Doing?

FASTEDDIE
11-22-2002, 08:46 AM
Hey, all prejudcies aside,let's give everyone a chance to fill the role.

Don Aronow-------------- Pee Wee Hermann
Dons wife-------------- Anna Nicole Smith
Knocky House------------ Mick Jagger
Allen Brown------------ Gabby Hayes

Let the production Roll!!!!!!!!!!!!

:D :D :D :D :D :D

LKSD
11-22-2002, 09:01 AM
WHEN IS THE MOVIE DUE OUT ?????? & WHAT IS IT TO BE CALLED DOES ANYONE KNOW???? THANKS......

LKSD
11-22-2002, 09:02 AM
WHATS THE MOVIE TO BECALLED & WHEN IS IT DO OUT ???????? DOES ANYONE KNOW ???? THANKS.......

LKSD
11-22-2002, 09:04 AM
BETTER TOM CRUISE THAN PEEWEE HERMAN !

HyperDonzi
11-22-2002, 02:36 PM
MattyBoy, How do you sneak into a drive through when there are no more around?? Ill just go the the theater. Easyer than cake to get in free, old ticket stubs, exit doors, strait through the ticket guy...

mattyboy
11-22-2002, 02:58 PM
you kids are really mising out,,american culture is dying slowly but surely.don't get caught!!!

man I'm old

Matt

Jerry Eisele
11-23-2002, 06:08 AM
I think we should all chip in and send Fomula Jr. to Hollywood, so they get the story correct.

Robert Geoghegan
11-23-2002, 09:25 AM
Does anyone have specific details? Do they need any classic boats for the movie? Is there anyone on this board acting as a consultant (Big Bad Donzi)?
I would love to find out some details. There was nothing on Tom Cruise's web site about this-just some other projects for next year....? More details please...

FlatRacer, aka BarrelBack
11-23-2002, 05:44 PM
I hope Micheal Mann has learned the difference between the exhaust note of an inboard and that of an outboard. That one episode of Miami Vice had me rolling on the floor with laughter!

FR

PrestonZX
11-23-2002, 07:49 PM
I'm 6'7". I don't think I've ever seen Tom Cruise (little joke there). I'll go see the movie providing Tom, whatever his sexual, political, vertical or whatever affiliations are, turns his face to the camera and says "Donzi, there is no substitute!"

Tomahawk
11-24-2002, 09:03 AM
Gabby Hayes!? If you are familiar with Gabby Hayes - you are old. (That's two of us Eddie). No resemblence to Brownie though and besides - he's dead! :)

ALLAN BROWN
11-25-2002, 07:36 AM
You consarned whippersnappers! ( Always wondered what that meant.....)

ToonaFish
11-26-2002, 01:28 AM
Why not have Brownie play Don?

Bunches,

Celene 'snapper of whips and crops'

Greg Maier
11-29-2002, 05:38 PM
Saw this on OSO with regards to the movie:

http://www.donzi.net/photos/tomcruise.jpg

Ed Donnelly
11-29-2002, 07:50 PM
An article in 1969 stated Aronow was 6'3" and 210lbs. Gee that makes Cruise just about perfect for the role. Do they make elevator shoes that high??? Ed

Greg Maier
11-29-2002, 08:29 PM
99.9 % of the people that will go see this movie have never been on a thunderboat or heard of Don. We are not the target audience. The story of Don is relatively unknown to the average American. There needs to be a star of Cruise's caliber (even though he is a fruit loop) to pull in the audiences. The name Donzi doesn't mean anything to most people, they will go see the movie because of Cruise.

Directors can do amazing things with camera angles. As a matter of fact, many of the houses that are used in movies are built at 90% of real life size, so the small actors look like normal sized people.