PDA

View Full Version : Sad story, I am trying to help raise money

Bryan Tuvell 33ZX
11-21-2002, 02:51 PM
http://www.wtkr.com/Global/story.asp?S=1021395&nav=0oa7CW5f

They live behind us, a very nice family, Glenn is 30 years old, he was a family boater with three small children (boat is now for sale) and they are truely struggling, a plea for assistance from the mother in law was on the news this morning, Nancy saw it and told me to try to help, we made a front door cash contribution and I figured I would spread the word to help, I hope no one minds me doing so here on the board.

Any amount would help, if you don't have a SOUTH TRUST bank mail the check directly to them, the family in need, wifes name is Tammy.

Tammy Maynard
504 Raton CT
Chesapeake, VA 23323

Thanks, Bryan

PS Ted, thanks for correcting the bank name, I am starting over with a new post.

RANMAN, I clarified.

Bryan Tuvell 33ZX
11-21-2002, 08:56 PM
Again, thanks for the emails, about 20 emails today, between here and OSO and just over $1100 contributed, that is awesome, I thank you all.

The response on my personal story post really was touching, this certainly is too. Ya just gotta love boaters.
Type A+ personality and will normally give you the shirt off their back.
Thanks you very much.
Bryan

Bryan Tuvell 33ZX
11-24-2002, 06:20 PM
I just want to say thanks to all that emailed and pledged funds. The turnout between here on DONZI.Net and OSO has been incredible, from FEDEX overnight checks to big offerings... wow.... is all I can say! :)

Yesterday the story was updated live on the local news as a Sunday school class brought them a turkey basket with many goodies to compliment it, believe it or not her first Tom Turkey donation.
Our community has really been awesome. I am very proud of this area, which I consider are most "nose up types.".. I too should not judge, These people really need help to survive and it is now coming.

Bad news is: Glenn took a turn back for the worst a couple days ago and is back on the ventilator. Tears in my eyes while she told me, although I already knew. I think I have it bad, I actually forgot my own issues....

Enjoy the holidays everyone and again, I am glad to be part of the boating community....
Ass holes at the dock are soon forgotten! maybe I should start being more curtious myself.
Bryan

Bryan Tuvell 33ZX
11-27-2002, 09:52 PM
Tammy's mailbox (and mine) has been busy this week, she walked over tonight, between here and OSO, I can't say
THANK YOU ALL ENOUGH.
Most of us old folks here have lived bad card draw's, it sure is sad.
I think he is heading to his maker, a tough choice for a spouse.
Bryan