PDA

View Full Version : 1988 TESTAROSA 22'

DON N.
11-21-2002, 04:55 AM
New addition for me.got it home 11-19.I think they made 11 or 14 of them, any one know ? I had a new silver tandem performance trailer with aluminum mags made for it.

Dr. Dan
11-21-2002, 07:33 AM
:D Congrats Don.... :D Let's see some pics when you can....as to how many were made I'll have to leave that to the Boys in the know!... :cool: ...Doc

boldts
11-21-2002, 07:49 AM
Congratulations Don. Lookin good in the water and on land. Hope to meet both you and the Testarosa at a Donzi gathering next summer. Pics please! :)

McGary911
11-21-2002, 04:42 PM
Congrats on the boat Don. Was this the one that was for sale on the board? In Conneticuit, I think it was... What kind of condition is it in? If i had the time, I was gonna try to get up to look at it, but looks like i might have missed the chance (the post is deleted). You actually took delivery on my 33rd birthday.....hope to see those pics soon.

FASTEDDIE
11-21-2002, 04:47 PM
Congradulations Don on a wonderful purchase of a collector series 22 Classic. It was in the Club and now remains in the Club. I know your going to be in High Style for the Spring Dust Off and I hope you enjoy it for many years to come.

mattyboy
11-21-2002, 05:16 PM
Don
congrats, was that the one in LK George???
nice boat
cya at the dustoff

Matt

Ed Donnelly
11-21-2002, 06:16 PM
Congrats. Nice to know its staying in the registry family Ed.

KMLFAMILY
11-21-2002, 06:31 PM
Congratulations on your new toy.I e-mailed you a photo of one that was at the fall L.G. meet.Hope to see it at the spring L.G. meet. Best of luck ! KEN

DON N.
11-21-2002, 06:58 PM
Boat is one of 2 from Lake George .The condition
to me is unreal (great),boat is totally restored,
the only thing that looked worn was steering wheel
and a dash piece around the trim tabs.When I bought the boat it was already winterized + oil
changed ,so when it comes time to dewinterize &
fire it up I'll be asking for advice . thanks for
the interest .

BERTRAM BOY
11-21-2002, 07:05 PM
Don, congrats on your new hole in the wat.....uh I mean Donzi......
Now, how about some pics?

What's going to happen to the 18?

BERTRAM BOY :D :D :D

DON N.
11-21-2002, 08:37 PM
Cliff,
I thought 2 holes in the water is better than 1 .

Barry Phillips
11-22-2002, 03:57 PM
Don, congratulations on the new addition, a 22 should smooth out that Lake George chop a bit better than the 18. The Testarossa has always been my favorite limited edition Donzi, so much so I checked out the same boat over the Columbus Day weekend, but I 'm not ready to give up my 18 yet. The boat looked really clean I'm glad she found a good home. You are right about the wheel, check out the momo website they have some nice red and black wheels which should fit on the existng hup. Also check out the goodies on nisongermarine.com.

SO-SLO

DON N.
11-22-2002, 08:17 PM
Thanks for the web sites Barry , I Knew some one else looked at the boat before it was on BBG web . Do think momo made original wheel ? I also want to touch up outdrive ( white spots ) is that a special Mercruiser black paint ?

RH
11-22-2002, 10:58 PM
Congrats Don, what a great ride! If you have white spots on the Mercruiser Drive, it may be lime deposits. I cleaned my Mercruiser drives with toilet bowl cleaner on a sponge and have had pretty good results. If the paint is worn off, Mercruiser has replacement paint in bomb cans that you can buy.
RH

Tomahawk
11-24-2002, 08:50 AM
Don - congratulations are defintely in order. Cool boat! The paint is called Quicksilver Phantom Black enamel spray paint. Available at Mercury dealers. Have seen it at West Marine as well. I got a nice wood steering wheel from Doc Freeman's (they have a web site) in Seattle.
Enjoy your new boat.