PDA

View Full Version : Tropical Storm - Wish us Luck!

harbormaster
09-06-2002, 06:08 PM
I hung out at the boat ramp and helped folks get their boats out until it started raining too hard.

We already have a 5 1/2 foot above normal high tide. The docks at the ramp were already 4 inches under water at 2pm today.

We are expecting about 13 inches of rain tonight.

I guess no boating tomorrow.
I went to the store to stock on supplies. We have beer, bourbon, and steaks! :p

knee deep
09-06-2002, 06:21 PM
Your in pretty good shape, beer, bourbon, steaks? What about a Donzi girl or two? Good Luck! Hope you all safe!

ToonaFish
09-06-2002, 09:01 PM
Please send the storm our way, we could use a good hurricane party! (And the rain.)

Batten down all your Donzi hatches and put the pieces of Lenny's boat in the mail to him when it's all over... stay dry and safe!

Bunches,

Celene "Toona's down ten feet"

MOP
09-06-2002, 09:33 PM
Forget the Rooster Tails! If it gets that deep better Cork Your Butt! We don't want anythong to happen to Our Harbor Master! Be Safe!

RedDog
09-06-2002, 11:02 PM
Beer, bourbon, and steaks! I'm on the way :D

Hang in here

Formula Jr
09-07-2002, 07:15 AM
Whooohoo! Looks like you got dumped on. Scope out those trailer sinks for us, Eh! wink

GeneD
09-07-2002, 08:38 AM
Sorry you guys are going through hell, normally it's us Florida guys.
Hey Scot, I sent you an email. Need to talk to you.

MOP
09-07-2002, 09:07 AM
Man just took a look at what went over you last night and this AM. Hope you faired Ok!

Blewbyu
09-07-2002, 08:03 PM
Boss-Didja get all 13 inches????Whooooee......some NASTY radar pics!
Years ago I waterskiied through the streets of Galveston right after one of those-got my AP wirephoto taken about 400' before I got arrested.
Hope ya did OK?
Best Regards-Jeff eek! eek!

Blewbyu
09-07-2002, 08:05 PM
Hey-GeneD!Whatcha dion' these days????Good to see ya post!Hope you are doing well. :) :)

HyperDonzi
09-07-2002, 08:45 PM
How did you say it that one night, "The rougher the weather, the more fun it gets?" can you start bottling that water and send it up here, it is 5 1/2 feet up there and almost that amount down here!

oldLenny
09-08-2002, 12:47 AM
Toona...'yur scarin' me...I am thinking in the back of my mind (waaaayyy back) that the boat is in a concrete heated garage and he is almost finished waxing her up :rolleyes: ) I only got 12 days to go before the "voyage" begins.

...and Roadtrip said all I would need is shorts and some sunscreen :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: .

Seems like I should continue packing along my original lines...

1) mosquito strips
2) crocodile repellant
3) bee suit
4) battery powered radio to listen for the "signature" crackling (as Owen put it) of pending "twisters"
5) life insurance...

ToonaFish
09-08-2002, 02:12 AM
Oh, Lenny, I'm sure he'll wax the pieces before he mails them to you!

And if you are riding with Roadtrip, you'll need a crash helmet and many changes of shorts... :D

Bunches,

Celene 'the strap goes where?'

Formula Jr
09-08-2002, 05:59 AM
Len, in your case, bring some mace to keep the "Giggly Girls Of Texas" out of your Motorhome...unless of coarse you might want some giggly girls of Texas in your motorhome.....and try not to laugh if they say, "So yur a Canadian, Thats cool. I'm a Republican." :D

riverrat
09-08-2002, 08:19 AM
Hey Toona, What's up with the new Avitar?

the rat.. :) :D

ToonaFish
09-08-2002, 11:17 AM
What, ya gotta problem with UGA?

Okay, okay, I'll start looking for a new avatar...

Bunches,

Celene 'anything but a Gator'