PDA

View Full Version : A good site for you guys from michigan.......

smoothie
11-20-2002, 08:57 PM
Click here (http://ohiostatebuckeyes.ocsn.com/genrel/111502aaa.html)

Tony
11-20-2002, 09:23 PM
Here in Spartanland we are just waiting for basketball season to begin and Tom Izzo to return us to the Final Four. Our football season was a complete meltdown!

But it should be a good game Saturday with U-M vs. OSU. Being a true Spartan fan, I of course root for MSU and "whoever is playing U-M". So...Go Buckeyes!

Ranman
11-21-2002, 08:09 AM
Smoothie, That was low.

Tony, Hopefully the basketball team can "just say no".

Doug G
11-21-2002, 10:30 AM
I didn't know they had internet access in Columbus.

Tony, once again the Spartan insecurity shows. Being a true Michigan fan, I root for the Wolverines first, MSU second, and whoever is playing ND.

GO BLUE

boldts
11-21-2002, 11:50 AM
Interesting enough, the news interviewed a couple MI transplants last night who are die-hard MU fans. While they are pulling for maze & blue, should their team lose, they will be rooting for the Bucks against who-ever they may end up playing in Arizona. :cool:

Doug G
11-21-2002, 12:07 PM
Always want the Big 10 to do well in its bowl games...but wanting OSU to win the National Championship, I need to prepare myself for that.
eek!

HyperDonzi
11-21-2002, 02:37 PM
I saw that too Scott B. One of their children went to OSU and the other 2 went to Michigan.

blue-z
11-22-2002, 09:42 AM
That was just plain coooooooooooooollllddddddd.

boldts
11-22-2002, 09:54 AM
Another interesting item. Should OSU lose to that state up north, we could end up playing the team they will be sharing the Big 10 title with (Iowa) in the Rose Bowl. The game all Big 10 fans would have liked to seen in the regular season. Hummmm.... Arizona or California? It's all good! Got to admit, I wasn't all that impressed with Miami against Pittsburg last night. Yes Miami won, but only inches away from a possible loss. There sure are more than 1 Heisman possibilities on that Miami team!

OceanCommotion
11-22-2002, 12:27 PM
But... you do have to be impressed with Willis McGahee from Miami. Is there anything that dude can't do? He can get out of the gate and run like he's got a 200 horse shot of nitrous.

Tony
11-22-2002, 10:27 PM
Doug,

Yeah, I know it's a bit harsh, but with three degrees and over 30 years allegiance to MSU I have built up a lot of rivalry over the years. I have mellowed over time but still feel that the old "arrogance" moniker fits well describing many UM fans. Also, to me there has always been way to many "gas station" UM fans...guys who buy a hat and a jacket and all of a sudden proclaim to be die-hard Wolverines, despite having no connection to the university!

Regarding football, needless to say I am very happy to see Ron Mason take a strong stand and can Bobby Williams & company. Out of the four football captains one was an addict, one a felon, and one was benched for poor play and stupid penalties.

I am trusting that Mason will make a sound choice for the next coach, and hoping that he will re-establish MSU's athletic reputation overall. Kind of like what Don Canham did at UM years ago.

RH
11-22-2002, 10:49 PM
Being out here in the middle of corn, I have to say that I am pulling for Michigan this weekend! WE went up to the Big House a few weeks back and showed them what Football is all about. It is just too bad that we can't play the Buckeyes this year! Brad Banks for Heisman and GO HAWKS!
Anybody impressed with Dorsey last night?
Oh yah, The boat is pickled for the winter and it is really bumming me out. It's a good thing that we had football to cheer about this fall as I did not get much of a chance to run the Hornet this fall.
RH