PDA

View Full Version : 33ZX

38zxdreamin'
11-22-2003, 05:37 PM
I went out on Lake Lewisville today and demoed 2002 33ZX w/500's. The boat was loaded to the gils. Today the wind is blowing 20-40mph, and we had 3ft rollers to play in, WHAT AN AMAZING BOAT!!!
I couldn't believe the ride for a 33footer. I am in the process of making the deal happen, so if I buy the boat, I will post some pics for you guys to DROOL over

Corey

boldts
11-22-2003, 07:56 PM
Corey, Good luck on the buy! Hopefully you'll get to change your board name to "33ZXLiven" instead of the Dreamin part.

Digger
11-23-2003, 05:49 AM
good luck Corey! I hear you loud and clear on the quality of ride in the ruff stuff. Good hull design is one thing, but leaving extra weight in the design makes the difference.

undertaker
11-23-2003, 08:22 AM
GOOD LUCK, Hope everything works out for you.

33 Daytona
11-23-2003, 11:45 AM
When we bought our 28zx we couldn't belive how well it handled the rough stuff, now that we have a 33 Daytona I can't wait to get it down to the Ozarks to see how it handles. Good luck with your purchase. We LOVE our 33! How fast did you get it going in the rough? I was radared in a shootout here on the Missouri at 82mph (empty of course) on pretty flat water. Cant wait to see the pics

38zxdreamin'
11-24-2003, 08:47 AM
I can't wait to get in the boat. I have been looking seriously for a boat that works for my family for 6 months now, always looking at 38's. My local dealership has an 02' 33, never titled, and loaded for a steal of a deal and I am going to put my deposit on it TODAY!!!
I will be boating regularly on LOTO, that is why I was wanting a 38, but after running in 2-3's and it felt like we were on glass I think the 33 will handle LOTO just fine.
I'll try and get some pics soon.
The fastest we went was about 75 give or take a little and we had a fair amount left in her. I'm guessing it is gonna be ab 80-82mph boat.

Corey

Sean
11-24-2003, 10:32 AM
Our 33ZX handles very well on rough weekends at LOTO. Without the family, I've run rough stuff in the 70's. Hold on though. eek! It will be a rough ride. Constant throttle play and watching the other guy. Lot of traffic. During most weekends and the week you'll have a great cruising boat to hit all the hangouts. Only problem with our 33ZX is that you have to watch the widths of some slips. Although slips are becoming much more accomodating for a 9'3" beam, you'll have to utilize slips for cruisers. The older singe slips are only 10ft leaving no room for fenders. The length of the 33ZX still makes it very easy to manuever in tight parking spots. One plus over the 38ZX. I'd still love a 38 Daytona but can't say I'm dissatisfied with the way the 33ZX handles. Enjoy your soon to be new ride. Hope to see you at LOTO this year. :D

38zxdreamin'
11-24-2003, 04:09 PM
Thanks for the input Sean,
That just adds fuel to my fire, the possibility of running 70s at LOTO on a big weekend. I am in a 27ft crownline, and although it is a nice boat, it stays in the slip on the holidays. It takes forever to get anywhere, and the water just beats the boat to death. Now all I have to do is wait for May :( :rolleyes:
Would love to meet up with some other Donzi's next year at the lake!! :cool:

Corey