PDA

View Full Version : World Race

CnV & Family
11-20-2002, 01:54 PM
Dude. Seems the Donzi F-2 was hit by another boat in the beginning of the race... and the snap-on Donzi is a lap down.

It's still early so maybe we can pull out a good finish...

roadtrip se
11-20-2002, 02:10 PM
Factory boat is running sixth down on power with two laps to go. Bummer. Hit in the rear at the start. :confused: :mad: :(

Put it back together for the next one this weekend.

Key West web cam has got to be the lamest thing I have ever seen. Boats could be under sail as far as I can see!

Todd
On a plane to Miami tomorrow nite!

roadtrip se
11-20-2002, 02:19 PM
Unofficial F2 results from web cast:

Speedwear Fountain 1st
Offshore Racing Formula 2nd
Herbott Treadwell Scarab 3rd
Snap-on Donzi 4th
Team Donzi 5th

Harwich Concrete Block came close to ejecting
both driver and throttleman. Crawled back in off of sun pad.

Todd

CnV & Family
11-20-2002, 02:28 PM
Yeouch. Seems that hit caused a loss of power somehow.

They were going on about tide and wind and it being more of a drag race rather than a rough water race too.

CnV & Family
11-20-2002, 02:35 PM
This is the 1st race I've listened to. I've only watched offshore on TV one other time. When will this race be replayed?

Maybe we can make up some ground on the weekend.

I stink at being a commentator... to slow :D

Speaking of slow, the APBA Offshore cam was slow, and not very visible... but at least it didn't lock up during the race.

I look forward to hearing more indepth information from those more in the know... and pictures and video from those who might have been there would be cool... in addidtion to the ejected dude, there were several supposedly squirrley (sp) incidents.

-C

Bryan Tuvell 33ZX
11-20-2002, 03:17 PM
Damn.
Who hit who?
Details?????

Was it the beak?
Bryan

GeneD
11-21-2002, 07:42 AM
Speedwear hit Donzi in the ass...
Details to come...
Penalties to be assessed soon.
Donzi may end up in Second, we shall see.

boldts
11-21-2002, 10:32 AM
CB & V - Here is the SpeedVision Worlds Tele Schedule:

Dec. 21 and 28
Jan. 04, 11, and 18

All days at 10:00 AM EST

Programing the VCR.... Ooops, going to need a few more tapes!

CnV & Family
11-21-2002, 11:23 AM
Cool. At least the 21st and 28th are Saturdays. And the VCR is a great idea as well...

Added tapes to the list - check.

-C

pmreed
11-21-2002, 12:30 PM
Leaving in a few hours. I'm spending the nite somewhere on the road, then taking off early. Expect to hit Key West Friday AM. :D See you guys there. I'll take care of you Boldt.

Phil

roadtrip se
11-21-2002, 02:08 PM
Reached out and touched a few folks about Team Donzi's issues yesterday.

They are prepped for flat water racing with some runs at 90mph during testing on Tuesday. Boat has done 87-89 all year, so they are ready.

Oil pressure switch failed very early on during the race. ECM then took the motor to limp home mode. Boat would only do 80. :(

Specualtion here, but I bet they will be ready for this weekend with one fast ZR.

Go Team Donzi!

GeneD
11-21-2002, 02:57 PM
Roadtrip, you beat me to the punch...

boldts
11-22-2002, 01:07 PM
So, if Speedwear finishes dead last and Team Donzi wins the second race, do they end up in a tie and share the title, or is race 2 worth more points than race 1?

mattyboy
11-22-2002, 01:43 PM
Roadtrip,
I was suprised to hear they had an ECM on the engine, I know they are factory class racing but I would have guessed all the electronic mombojumbo would have been disconnected????
learn something new everyday

Thanks keep us posted

Matt

BigGrizzly
11-22-2002, 07:27 PM
ECM must be stock, and is checked