PDA

View Full Version : Aftermarket Exhaust Comparison Data

Greg Maier
11-19-2002, 11:11 PM
I found this on OSO.

Exhaust Comparison Spreadsheet (http://www.arizonahotboats.com/exhaustdyno.xls)

Lots of interesting data. I don't have much experience on the topic so I don't really have an opinion as to the validity of the results, but it looks like most of the major manufacturers are represented.

Greg Maier
11-20-2002, 05:55 AM
FYI, you must have Microsoft Excel on your computer to view the spreadsheet.

Dr. Dan
11-20-2002, 07:17 AM
:D Looks like some graphs...CDMA would have in his Text Books! :p

Rootsy
11-20-2002, 07:37 AM
wow, really interesting stuff for you BBC guys... wonder how those numbers look for us sbc guys... from the look of things, those eikerts make the most top end hp and torque but you give up a whole bunch in the mid range... looks like the CMI tube tops are the best all around eh...

BigGrizzly
11-20-2002, 10:18 PM
These look pretty close to the results we have gotten on stock configurations. The Powerflow doesn't fair so well on arry's dyno andstainless is higher on the charts. When engine is modified this separates them much farther apart.However I do have CMI tube tops on my Corsican and I can tell you this, There is a world of difference in real application they are great and have a OH-WOW factor of 9.9 on a 10 scale. The engine Performed better in all respects. Be carefull when you look at those graphs the curves arn't smoothe and mine are there is a setup problem on the motors or the dyno is getting hot. For real world I like a flatter curve.
Jamie this too works on a small block, but it is more sensitive on the torque side. especially since the stock exhaust on the small block is so poor