PDA

View Full Version : Eufaula Fast Four + and other Musings

Tomahawk
09-03-2002, 10:21 PM
Dang, that was fun!
75+ Club = Ted and Todd, Big and Lil' Grizz and, if it were not for a leaking steering hose, Bateman's Bad Tat Blackhawk would have been in the fray as well.
22 Scarabb briefly joined in but was quiclky dusted by about six Donzis and headed for the beach.
Forrest's Magnum is a way cool boat.
Tin Cups seem to get faster every year.
Golfers go to bed early.
Boldts flys his new 22!
Greg K is not a Dork.
Farmer Tex is a hoot.
Ted's RC boat may have been the fastest boat there.
Bandits have a good time anywhere.
Toonagirl - about 40 people await the recipe for the Toonabean salad- excellent!
Dexter has stories about Emmo's sleeping habits.
If you go fast enough, you can skip a turn or two in the slalom race- ask Greg.
Armadillo roundups are hillarious.
Tom's Live Bait and Sushi Shop was not so bad after all.
There will be a new swimming pool next year.
We missed you FI.
Joe P's Water Blade saves a lot of chamois action.
Thanks for being there Mike.
There are gators in Lake Eufaula - anybody get a picture?
I need more power!

ToonaFish
09-03-2002, 11:42 PM
I'm going to be long winded (not from the salad) later on the marvels of Eufala, but I'm just in from another marathon allnighter drive and chaotic day, so for now this will have to appease the hungry beasts.

NOTE: The Surgeon General warns that consumption of this side dish may be dangerous to the health of humans down wind. It may be used as a fuel substitute or supplement... NOS ain't got nothing on the power of this little boost.

Two Beans And A Nut Salad

Juice of 2 Medium Sized Limes
1/2 12 oz Jar Thick & Chunky Salsa (@ 3/4 cup)
1/3 Cup Salad Oil
1 1/2 tsp Chili Powder
1 tsp Salt
1 16 oz Can Black Beans, drained
1 18 oz Can Red (Kidney) Beans, drained
1 18 oz Can Garbanzo Beans (Chick Peas), drained
2 Celery Stalks, thinly sliced
1 small Sweet Red Onion, thinly sliced
1 medium sized Tomato, diced

At least 30 minutes before serving, completely mix all ingredients. The flavor improves if allowed to marinate for a full day before serving.
Present at room temperature or chilled. Makes 10 side servings, at 265 calories each. FYI, I tripled the recipe for Eufala. The homeless shelter residents (and your roommates) thank you for not eating all of it!

Bunches,

Celene 'Betty Crocker' Howard

Bad-Tat
09-04-2002, 06:52 AM
Had a great time this year!! Right up until the steering got hard!!! Is bilge water supposed to be pink??? Many thanks to Joe P for the loooooong tow back. We did find out that if you go slow enough the rain passes you by and finds the fast guys!! Still had a good time Sun in Tom's slow boat!! Can you spell supercharger?
All in all a great weekend with great folks! Winnie folks B and R are upholding your traditions!!