PDA

View Full Version : Old . . NEW Decals . . NEEDS???

mphatc
11-16-2003, 11:51 AM
Folks,

I'm looking into recreating the original DONZI script in the brushed aluminum finish.

My need is for my 1969 Corsican where they are 3 1/2" tall. Is there any other size that these were also made in? It will be easy to make other sizes!!!

Who else needs a set? These will be made precisely, allowing for application to cover the unfaded gelcoat without leaving a color shadow.

In short time I will also be reproducing the original Corsican shield. I just need to get a 35mm camera and a scale on hull #1. I have found a new process that will allow one offs for this type of aplication!

Cost for these will depend on demand.

Note: My new Email is also: Corsican@copper.net

MPHATC
Working on removing my deck . eek! . arrghh! back to work!!!

Scott Pearson
11-16-2003, 11:58 AM
Richard Weaver has done the original Donzi script already. You can order them fom him.

(NJ)Scott

1996Z15
11-16-2003, 01:22 PM
I tried contacting Mr. Weaver before, hoping to get new Donzi decals and possibly new Minx decals but never heard from him.

mphatc
11-16-2003, 04:19 PM
Scott,

I recently spoke with him, ( a week ago) . . he doesn't seem to have any in the brushed aluminum. . . .

MPHATC

olredalert
11-16-2003, 08:23 PM
Mario,

-----Obviously,Im in for 2 sets of Corsican flags.I also would like two sets of the DONZI decals the size that you have on your Corsican.
-----For whatever reason,Dick Weaver doesnt make that size nor does he have the brushed look.I would have purchased from them,as they are great people and all my prior purchases have been the best.If you do them right,as Im sure you will you have my money.Call or E-mail me when necessary.
-----Saw the blurb about new E-mail address.Dont forget to change it in your profile here.........Bill S

oldLenny
11-17-2003, 11:27 AM
I would be in for a set of Scripts, older, smaller ones for the 16...(mid 60's)

Also, I am in the market for a new set of decals for the GT21. They are all about 1/3 larger than the ones on 16's and 18's. Anyone seen these?

Eugene Nahemow
11-17-2003, 12:13 PM
First off, I don't want to stir up the wrath of the purist but I hate decals!
The older Donzi script that was done in metal was much classier.
That being said, I am looking into having the Donzi letters either done in stainless and then polished or having them done in bronze and then chrome plated. I am going to scale down the letters to a size that I think is proportionately
correct. I believe Ted (HP1000) :D had or has something like this on his transom of the 22.
Is anyone interested?

Also, was '69 the last year that the metal script plate used?

Richard
11-17-2003, 10:27 PM
What Mario is talking about are the 3 1/2" tall brushed aluminum (foil type)DONZI decal and shields. At the time that we did the other sizes the set up cost for the 3 1/2 was 500.$ and then we started buying decals. Because there was little demand for them at the time, and they were only used for a few years and not on all models we did not have them done.
Hopefully he has found a less expensive way to do it and still keep the quality of material and exact sizes. We support him in his efforts.
We still have for sale the side decals for Donzi models from 1964 up, except 3 1/2" tall.
Richard.

Richard
11-17-2003, 10:29 PM
Lenny,
Hang in there, got you covered on the metal scripts. Richard.

oldLenny
11-17-2003, 11:24 PM
Thank you Richard!...

Do you have any idea where the larger decals come from that are on my GT21? They are bigger than the ones on the 16/18.? Both the white/black DONZI and the two decals.

Kong
11-18-2003, 07:10 AM
Previous owner of my 16' Ski Sporter put on the large individual lettered DONZI decal. I know the boat takes the smaller one piece decal. Put me in for two of the original style decals. Don't know size details. Also looking for good used 14' steering cable, support tube w/quick connect conversion. My Big-T helm appers to be ok. Just need the cable. Any help would be appreciated.

Kong.

DOND
11-18-2003, 11:30 AM
Eugene, 1968 was the last year the metal script was used.My 1969 16 serial # C16-571 has the decals.
Don

Morgan's Cloud
11-18-2003, 01:57 PM
Eugene .. YES

I'm very interested in seeing what you are talking of !

My '66 St tropez had the decal with the metal lettering underneath originally. Unfortunately the metal script was gone when I got my hands on the boat.. holes were still there in hull sides and you could read the 'fade' in the gelcoat.
Polished s/s or chromed bronze would be most excellent...like those shift knobs.. of which I will be collecting mine tomorrow :D

mphatc
11-18-2003, 08:49 PM
For now I'll focus on the aluminum foil letters and the Corsican sheild.

_IF_ I am successful I will be more than happy to get the other decals produced as needed.

Watch this board

TIA,
MPHATC