PDA

View Full Version : CHAT ROOM!!,! 9pm Eastern, 6pm western, tonight, try it

oldLenny
11-16-2002, 07:53 PM
http://www.donzi.net/chat/index.html

Formula Jr
11-16-2002, 11:30 PM
Did everyone else's chat crash at about 8:45PM Pacific time? 11:45 Eastern. Tryed to sign back on but there was no topic or users on-line. Seemed like I was connecting to the wrong empty room.

Fun while it lasted!!!

harbormaster
11-16-2002, 11:35 PM
we say you having EOF errors. You using one of those Junk LINUX boxes again?? :p

Let me know if I can help.

harbormaster
11-17-2002, 09:20 AM
Scott. Was it not letting you in?

florida gator
11-17-2002, 10:42 AM
Just tried it. Seems to work, noone else was in there. Will be there tonight.

Formula Jr
11-17-2002, 02:55 PM
Mine started acting just like Sir Poodle describes. Netscape 4.7. It WAS working perfectly till about 10:45 Texas time. Then all the other chat room members seemed to stop posting, even though I could get duplex - ie it showed my new posts but no one elses. Then I signed out, and upon signing back in, I got the same behaviour Poople did. It will also not remove my nick name from the signed in list so I become Owen, Owen1, Owen2, Owen3...etc. Master, you may also want to look at the links on the main topics page. I get the 404 error On this

http://www.donzi.net/cgi-bin/menuimages/dnzimenu.js

Only seems to happen with Netscape 4.7

Netscape 6.1 wants a Java Plug-in that isn't available yet for that version. At least its not avail on the Netscape plug-in site. Its the MJS 2.1 or above plug in.

If its just us Mac users Scot, I wouldn't worry about it. I will see if there is a combo that will work reliably.

riverrat
11-17-2002, 04:15 PM
This is the harbormaster at Riverrats house. You guys should try IE (internet exploiter)in the meantime.

Rootsy
11-17-2002, 04:48 PM
it seemed to work about noonish today...

harbormaster
11-17-2002, 07:03 PM
its up all the time.

BigGrizzly
11-17-2002, 07:18 PM
Scottthe thing tells me big grizzly is in use as well as 1-10 are. what am I doing wrong

harbormaster
11-17-2002, 10:49 PM
the chat is based on IRC chat which is world wide. The IRC server probably has a bejillion people on it. Someone possibly on the other side of the globe is using the names you want. Add a number to the end of the name you want in order to use it.

BigGrizzly
11-17-2002, 11:31 PM
Th poblem was me. Wife straightened me out. Thanls, it works fine

Formula Jr
11-18-2002, 03:25 PM
Mad Poople, try Netscape 4.73 or one of the higher 4.XX versions after installing the newest java plug-in found here.

http://www.mozilla.org/oji/MRJPlugin.html

Not sure, but I think the room is only active while Scot V is on as a moderater. I've had limited success with this combination. I have been able to access the room with a Mac on occasion, but only while others are already in it. You'll know you are actually in the room when it scrolls the entry preamble about posting restrictions, then it will announce that you have entered the room in the chat stream. Oddly, I tried signing on from a friend's house and MS machine who regularly chats and Jpilot just idled at the "Connecting to bla bla ..........6667" for 10 minutes till I gave up on it.

Last night I just left the machine at the "connecting to....." notice for about an hour and when I came back the room was active. It just might be a time thingy to get in.

It would be nice to know who turned out the lights in the room last night and at what time.

Formula Jr
11-18-2002, 04:18 PM
Just tryed the room with 4.73 Netscape and its working perfectly as of 2:09 PM Pacific Time. Via a Mac. Try the No! sound function, Monty Python at their best. Funny how the Live Sex Talk folks can scope in so fast and open a private chat window.......... :D

Formula Jr
11-18-2002, 04:36 PM
For older PPC Mac users:

Under Netscape 6.2 and IE 5.0 the Jchat Java applet gets loaded but simply does'nt start running. Under NS 4.73 that applet does auto start. Interesting..........

This is with OS 8.6

Formula Jr
11-18-2002, 07:14 PM
Harbor master, did the chat room do to you what it did to me? That being:

The room is stable till more than three join in, then all the other replies stop: you can see your own messages, but you can't see replies until you disconnect and then sign back on? The Dallas server seems to loadup, I and a few others were rerouted thru an Atlanta Server upon sign in.
After a while the replies are just not being routed back cause the Dallas server is not accepting any new input. I wish I could get it to work long enough to know if my messages are being read by others when the incoming replies stop And on what servers each member signed in on. To see if the problem is there. I left a the cryptic message "A fine cup of tea" as a trail ballon when the replies stopped. Did anyone read that but me?

Yup. Ping timeouts.... Sorry Ted, overloaded server.........

oldLenny
11-18-2002, 08:00 PM
works fine for me all the time. Win98/ Int Exporer/IBM clone type...

harbormaster
11-18-2002, 08:34 PM
looks like I am ging to have to put together our own IRC chat server.

OceanCommotion
11-19-2002, 02:49 PM
HEY! What's wrong with Linux? I run about 40 Linux boxes and think they're the greatest thing since sliced bread.

Bryan Tuvell 33ZX
11-19-2002, 07:23 PM
Scot, about 10 of us chatted last night no problems
HP500 Keeps getting bumped, but I think it is AOL.
I tried it on NetScape and my IE6 no problems.
Thnaks
Bryan

is it 9PM yet?

Greg K
11-19-2002, 07:30 PM
Solid performance here with the chat program on AOL dial up and using AOL's built in browser.
OS is Win XP.
Chat hasn't booted me yet and works smoothly.

Bryan Tuvell 33ZX
11-19-2002, 07:56 PM
Poodle, i saw you in there, no one else, and could not get your response.

We are also XP users. No problem.
B

Formula Jr
11-19-2002, 11:38 PM
Cool. Len and I turned out the lights last night in the room. My problems seem to be all server based and last night was light traffic on the chat servers. Very, Very Cool!!! :D :D

boldts
11-20-2002, 07:50 AM
Using MS XP and no problems with being booted. Since I'm usually late getting to the party, I've been rerouted to different parts on the country, but still no problems being booted out. It's not quite a voice on the phone line, but I enjoy typing with everyone. Now if I could just learn where and who I'm typing with. Bear with me if I start talking about the West coast and you live on the East side. LOL :D